Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pappa_Bear5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Honeywell wires. What do I do with my "T" wire?
    I am installing a honeywell rth 3100c and all my wires coordinated except:

No "B" wire...

No "E" wire...

I have a "T" wire

Can anyone help?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 08:41 PM

The "T" terminal on old thermostats was for a thermister located in the outside unit on heat pumps. Just tape it off and don't use it, you don't need it.Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

"Filter" indicator flashing on Honeywell thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I lost my user manual and want to stop the "Filter" needed indicator on my Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus thermostat. The filter was recently changed, so a new one is not needed. How do I stop "Filter" from flashing? Sid

Thermostat Wiring -- Where to put "O" wire if I have no heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace an old Dayton thermostat (Model 2E137) with a newer Honeywell (either the 6300B or the 7400). I have a Bryant 80 furnace in the basement and a Bryant Quantum Plus 550A air con outside. The Dayton thermostat has wires going to six terminals: R, 4, Y, W, G, and O I know...

Honeywell T8001C Thermostate "Return" [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Our heating system tonight is suddenly not working? Not sure what the problem is. But something I noticed on the led screen is the word "Return". Does anyone know what this could mean? It also has a picture of a "flame" beside the temperature? Does this mean the pilot light may be out? ...

View more questions Search