Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherbray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 05:48 PM
    I want to get my ged and I'm a single parent
    I was wondering how I go about getting my Ged Online. I am a single mother with no job and I live at home with my mother. I would love to get my GED so that I can go to college soon. Please help.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 06:11 PM

I would first check with the college you are planning on attending and see if they accept online G.E.D.'s.
    IDKwhatIwant Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 10:40 PM

Search for a local vocational school. That's where I did my GED. You can study at home with books from the library. Or take their courses at the school. Test takes about 2 - 3 hours. Some our two day tests. Others are in a single day. Depends on the school. The test cost about 20 - 40 dollars. Split into 4 subjects I believe. If you gain a high enough percent for that subject, you don't need to retest for that subject. Most people normally fail math or english. When they take their second test, they only need to take the math or english part that they fail before, and spend about 30 minutes taking the test.

They try to set it up for people with busy schedules or limited time for transportation. Such as mothers, or those without a vehicle.

Best thing to do is just study.
    thakur prasad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 07:30 AM
    [QUOTE=heatherbray;1590580]I am looking for the college as I am from poor famaly and I have only mother I want to go for the higher sturdy how can I get help from reach people

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single parent needs college tuition [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is a single parent living in Missouri and she is trying to pursue a degree in RN and would like to know besides Financial Aids what other scholarships or grants that are out there for a single parent?

Fear of a single parent [ 6 Answers ]

Please read entire thread before throwing out your judgement onto me. My question is to find out what right(s) I will have on my side as a mother and single parent if I have to fight off or against the father & his wife from taking my child. Here is the situation, over a year ago I met a man...

Single Parent [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Looking For A Legit At Home Job, With Out Fees To Start Asap, Please.

Single Parent Drama [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is KooKoo and I am the mother of a handsome son. I never married his dad. I do not receive child support from the dad. I basically raise him alone. I want to move to another state, Do I have to get permission from the dad to do this? And how can I file for full/soul custodial rights...

View more questions Search