Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 05:27 PM
    How do I override or clear the "leave" and "return" functions on my thermostat
    I just installed a Honeywell TRH7500 programmable thermostat. The installation went smoothly, but I cannot figure our how to override/clear the "leave/return" schedules.

The thermostat comes with 4 daily program settings: wake, leave, return, sleep. I only want to use wake and sleep but I can't seem to get rid of the leave and return programs. I can change their times, but I want to ignore them altogether. I've looked in the manual but can't find the answer to this problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Call 1-800-468-1502,, but the biggest problem is the banks and doctors work longer hours then they do,, Mon-Fri. only
    david81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by david81 View Post
    I just installed a Honeywell TRH7500 programable thermostat. The installation went smoothly, but i cannot figure our how to override/clear the "leave/return" schedules.

The thermostat comes with 4 daily program settings: wake, leave, return, sleep. I only want to use wake and sleep but i can't seem to get rid of the leave and return programs. I can change their times, but I want to ignore them altogether. I've looked in the manual but can't find the answer to this problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
    Turns out you can't actually override any of the daily program settings... but you can accomplish the same thing by setting the leave and return temps to the same as your awake temp (so all 3 of those program settings function identically in terms of the temperature you set). Mission accomplished, and I knew I could do that, but it takes some time to scroll though all the steps to make this happen. They could improve the unit by allowing you to select which of the 4 programmable settings you wish to use, and then only have to modify the ones you choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search