Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kissy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 12:12 AM
    Budgies and steroids?
    My budgie 4 yrs of age has chronic liver disease with all the associated problems of that (gut probs etc) and scratching round vent lots. The vet now says that the last resort for him to make him comfortable would be steroid injections... has anyone heard of this and if they have what results have they had? I am not happy with him injecting my budgie unless it's to save his life or prolong it comfortably, but steroids always seem such an aggressive form of treatment for anyone, let alone a little budgie. I haven't posted all the symptoms and treatments he's had here, but I would really appreciate any answers/help/comments re this treatment and any for liver disease and fatty tumour which he also has.

Many thanks.

"Kissy"
    not2shabbe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Hi I have chronic liver disease and my doctor in 1989 treated me with steroids and they destroyed my liver I subsequently went to another doc. And he said steroids are the worst med. You can use to treat liver disease find a new vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

BUDGIES... Albino or Lutino... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello I breed budgies. And last year my budgies had an albino chick. But then I was doing some research because even though the baby was albino with RED EYES. It has yellow feathers... So then I was told that this was a lutino budgies. So my question is is my budgie an albino or lutino.....

View more questions Search