Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjm100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 10:33 PM
    Portable AC Exhaust Hose
    Help! Is there some sort of trick to make the exhaust hose stay in place?

Despite my best efforts, it wants to slip out of place both on the back of
    The portable AC unit as well as from the connector in the window.

What am I doing wrong? Any hints or tricks on how to make the connection,
    Insertion, or whatever, will be greatly appreciated. Manufacturer's instructions basically say "connect exhaust hose".
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Aug 26, 2006, 09:33 PM
    If you go to the ducting section of your friendly local hardware store, they should have things that look like really big cable ties (aka zip ties). Find one that's appropriate for the size of duct that comes off the back of the AC unit, then buy two.

These zip ties are normally used to attach flexible ducting to rigid fittings. They should do a good job of fixing the exhaust hose to the back of the AC, and to the window panel. Make sure you pull them nice and tight when installing them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable washer/dryer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a portable washer/dryer combo machine which is connected to the kitchen sink when in use. A faucet adapter is for the connection. The faucet adapter seems to work well when connecting the hose to the faucet, however, it is very difficult to disconnect the hose after the washer/dryer cycle...

Portable air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a portable air conditioner to cool a 360 sq foot garage which is on the north side of the house. There are no windows except in the garage door. I also need a unit that is reliable and quiet. I have searched the Internet and know more about these units than I ever wanted and the...

Portable generators [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a few threads about this but I wanted to clarify the answers for myself. First of all, we live in an area that has a high water table. I also heard the power goes out quite frequently. If that happens and our sump pump isn't able to work... well our basement will be in about 3-4...

Portable Generator [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in purchasing a 5000 to 6200 watt portable generator to use during power outages. What are the safety concerns such as rain, snow, how far from any structues must it be used, and can it be placed on a deck? Also would like to here any recommendations as to what model and...

Extending the exhaust hose? :) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have just had a portable air conditioner delivered which is fantastic, I got it from a UK company called B&Q and it's a 10,000 BTU. It arrived with a 1.5metre exhaust hose which isn't long enough, currently, we have it working by it going round another door and the hot air going into...

View more questions Search