Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertmorris Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Hunter model 44260 thermostat
    I am replacing a white - rodgers thermostat with a hunter set & save thermostat model 44260. I have 6 wires from the white - rodgers to connect to the hunter model 44260. Does anyone know which wire goes where?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 12:52 PM

You mentioned nothing about terminal letters or wire colors, old or new. Can't do much with that...

Mar 7, 2009, 02:33 PM

I have blue,green,red,yellow,brown,orange,white.
    Terminal letters are; Y1, W/B, Y/O, RH, RC, G.
    New wiring only 3 years old. I have a Goodman air handler 2 1/2 ton and a 3 ton Ducane heat pump.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Check the installation instructions. It appears your new thermostat is not compatible with your system (2-heat/1-cool heat pump). Probably a blessing in disguise. After returning the Hunter, pick up a Honeywell. The few extra bucks are well worth it.

Mar 7, 2009, 03:56 PM

When you say 2-heat do you mean the aux or emer. Heat?

Mar 7, 2009, 05:29 PM

Hi, it's me again. Now I need to reinstall my White - Rodgers thermostat. This thermostat supports emer heat and aux. heat. I have 7 wires, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, White, Brown. My options to connect are G, Y, R, W2, X1, o, E. what goes to where? Help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter thermostat model 44260 [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have a way of matching the color of the wires to the thermostat? I have 5 wires coming out of the wall, Green, Red, Blue, White, and Yellow.

Luxpro thermostat to hunter 44260 [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have looked everywhere and crossed reference as many charts as I can but I still can not seem to find a definite wiring diagram for this. My old Luxpro wiring goes like this and it makes sense. RED WIRE connected to R GREEN WIRE connected to G ORANGE WIRE connected to O WHITE WIRE...

Replacing a Nordyne Thermostat for a Hunter 44260 Wiring! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having issues, I want to replace my old thermostat for this digital one however, I'm not sure on the wiring. On the Nordyn I had, Y G R O

Installing Hunter 44260 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house with 6 wires coming out of the wall they are White, Yellow, Blue, Brown, Red, Green My Hunter 44260 has inputs for G,RC,RH,Y/O,W/B,Y1 I'm not sure how to wire this? I have a air conditioner and gas heater not sure what else Please help

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

View more questions Search