Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbanlegend081 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Con edison
    My lights in my private apt,flickers a lot I'm hardly at home.but my light bill comes to high,and I unplug certain things I use.I only plug in when I use it.I only turn on my and it start going on and off,flicking.I'm a single female.and I keep finding it strange for my bill to be high.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 10:59 AM

I would not blame "Con Ed" just yet.

My suggestion is to talk with your landlord and have them get an electrician to check your wiring.

It sounds like there is a loose connection on your Neutral circuit.

Because you are a tenant, it is up to the landlord to get a licensed electrician to resolve the problem.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanlegend081 View Post
    my lights in my private apt,flickers a lot i'm hardly at home.but my light bill comes to high,and i unplug certain things i use.i only plug in when i use it.i only turn on my and it start going on and off,flicking.i'm a single female.and i keep finding it strange for my bill to be high.
    Can you possibly try to write in sentences and use punctuation? It is hard to figure out what you are trying to ask.

You say things are flickering? :confused: Describe this flickering. Actually on and off?

If this is an apartment in NYC the ONLY thing you can do is call the super or maintenance man. You CANNOT do ANY electrical work yourself.

Mar 7, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    Can you possibly try to write in sentences and use punctuation? It is hard to figure out what you are trying to ask.

You say things are flickering? :confused: Describe this flickering. Actually on and off?

If this is an apartment in NYC the ONLY thing you can do is call the super or maintenance man. You CANNOT do ANY electrical work yourself.
    :)really,do something better than to try an act like you Mr. perfect.

Mar 7, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    I would not blame "Con Ed" just yet.

My suggestion is to talk with your landlord and have them get an electrician to check your wiring.

It sounds like there is a loose connection on your Neutral circuit.

Because you are a tenant, it is up to the landlord to get a licensed electrician to resolve the problem.
    :)thank you I will speak with my landlord.you did excellent for answering my question.

Mar 7, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Mr. donf he answer my question correctly, my rating to him is a 5 excellent. .

Mar 7, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post

Ownestly get a life,you trying so hard to be MR. Professional going through everybody mistake. There are better things in life than to sit home and try to corrected every body blopps. I guess you must not have a woman HA!ha!bye.:)
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Wow, you read that deeply into those two sentences, huh?
    I am a man, and married for 20 years, which is why I am not so over sensitive that I have to get offended and reply twice to some constructive criticism.
    I did after all answer your questions the best I could.

What ever happened to proper writing and grammar? Did they stop teaching this in school?

No, I am not perfect. Far from it. But I do know grammar and how to write clearly so that others can understand what I am saying. Sorry, but this is just my oh so very humble OPINION.

Mar 7, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Urban legend, didn't anyone ever warn you about biting the hand that feeds you?

The way you write is a snapshot of your reflection. You want to be considered a learned person, write like one. No one needs to waste time figuring out what you are trying to say.

Oh, and by the by, Stan did answer your question correctly!

Mar 7, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Urban legend,

Stan is quite correct in asking you to write as if you were educated inside of the New York School System.

I'm a graduate of that educational system and it tires me to wade through poorly written questions.

The fact that you are a tenant in New York City leaves the only answer available. Call your landlord.

Stan was just as correct as I was!

Did your mother ever tell you that it's not nice to bite the hand that feeds you?

You ask for help, you get answers to both your question and a comment on your writing and grammar and then you bust us?

Mar 8, 2009, 09:46 AM
    "ownestly get a life,you trying so hard to be MR. PROFFESIONAL going thru everybody mistake. their are better things in life than to sit home and try to corrected every body blopps. i guess you must not have a woman HA!ha!bye."

Could you have possibly meant:

Honestly, get a life! You are trying so hard to be Mr. Professional, going through everybody's mistakes. There are better things in life then to sit home and try to correct everybody's bloopers. I guess you must not have a woman! Ha! Ha! Bye.

BTW, Stan is a professional electrician, I am not. Also, when dealing with electricity, if we cannot understand the question, we just might get someone hurt, so excuse us for wanting exact information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Con Edison Meter Reading [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to post this question before but I guess it didn't happen. I have the electrical meter in my basement and the meter lady doesn't get to read it often because I am never at home when she comes around. I was told that with Con Ed's permission an electrician can install cables from the meter...

Con edison sues landlord [ 2 Answers ]

Can con edison sue me as a New York city landlord for utility bill not paid by a tenant?

View more questions Search