Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angie jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Harassing retailer
    Been getting phonecalls everyday by shop who supplied me goods on credit,I paid 1st payment on the day of agreement,on day of delivery 6days later the shop phoned me to say delivery was on that day and also said payment due,it wasn't for 3more days.the day after rhey phoned me again I said that payment wasn't due for another day.they have phoned me everyday since,they have also been to my house and phoned my sister.I haven't been to pay through embarrassment and I feel quite intimidated by them I understand I sighned an agreement and I am at fault for not paying,are they allowed to harass people this way?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 7, 2009, 05:21 AM
    Hello angie

Just to get the data correct : what were the precise conditions under which you purchased the goods?
    (i.e. : what to pay when). From your post I get the impression that the 2' payment was due on day 10.
    Seems to me that this is important to know before calling the sellers reaction harassment!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 06:37 AM

Let me see if this is a small business they may well need the money, they had to pay for the item you got from them and expected you to do what you promised to do.

So why if you could not pay, did you promise to pay, it was only 10 days before, I find it hard to believe you did not know that you would not have the money 10 days before.

So would the store, what do they think? That you knew you could not pay and promised to pay anyway.

But yes of course they may call and call and call to get you to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retailer wants more money = error in billing [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased a boat and motor package with accessories. I have paid my bill in full. The retailer has contacted me a month later saying they made a mistake adding up the bill of sale and want me to pay an extra $400.00. What are my rights? After reviewing the bill, there appears to be an...

Harassing creditors [ 4 Answers ]

I recently have a collection agency calling me, first of all I had posted a resume on monster and career builder and listed a friend's business as a reference. They first starting calling him looking for me at that #. When I called them back I had told them the date which I was going to pay in...

Harassing ex landlord [ 1 Answers ]

I had moved out of a house, but didn't fulfill my lease, because I couldn't afford to pay my rent. The lady was susposed to fix a pipe in the basement but while I was moving out I noticed down in the basement it was still leaking and mold was growing bad and the floor was rottening. I had no idea...

Harassing Roommate [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there, So back in December my friend and I rented a 3 bedroom together. Shortly after my dog became ill and having many vet bills, I asked john, my room mate if he would consider sharing the third room (third roommate) to split the rent making it cheaper for all of is. It worked out very...

View more questions Search