Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ercdcarson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2003, 07:43 PM
    Brake Lights
    I have a 1990 Z71 Truck. The brake lights stay on . I can't find the problem.
    chabat Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2003, 03:43 PM
    Brake Lights
    If you have a towing package, check there, a wire may be installed incorrectly, or it may have come unhooked. There is a switch near the brake pedal that makes the brake lights work, if it is stuck, that could be the problem. This are a good place to start.
    chadrickdouglas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Its your brake switch put your brakes all the way to the floor reach up under your dash there is a switch it's a littlet black lever on the bottom of the brake switch pull it all the way to the front if that doesn't work all its doing is reseting your brake switch then bye a new one its only like 5 bucks so your welcome steve
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 27, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrickdouglas
    its your brake switch put your brakes all the way to the floor reach up under your dash there is a switch its a littlet black lever on the bottom of the brake switch pull it all the way to the front if that doesnt work all its doin is reseting your brake switch then bye a new one its only like 5 bucks so your welcome steve
    Dude, did you check that date of his original post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brake lights on ford explorer [ 5 Answers ]

My brake lights on my Explorer are out. The problem is not the bulbs. What should I be looking for that would cause this problem? Appreciate any help. Mickey

Ford Explorer Brake Lights [ 4 Answers ]

My 2003 explorer brake lights will not turn off when I turn off my car. Can you help?

1995 Nissan Altima Brake Lights stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My Altima's brake and parking lights stay on. I have taken the fuse out until I have the problem fixed. I checked under the dash and there are several switches located there. Not sure which one is for the brake light. Any suggestions?:mad:

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

Brake problems on '85 towncar [ 4 Answers ]

Today my daughter came home from school and said her brake light went on. She said she had to push really hard to get the brakes to work. I checked the brake fluid, thinking it might need filling - but it seemed fine. Then I drove the vehicle - it seems as though the brakes are gone. If you...

View more questions Search