Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1guyver2 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2009, 06:24 PM
    I just did my septum and I have some questions
    I just did my septum myself with a 16g hollow needle. I used gloves cleaned the area used all the precautions. It didn't hurt at all and the needle slid through with no force. But 5 hours later it still is hurting. Is this normal? Is my nose just adjusting to it? When should this pain go away and I can pick my nose again :)? Any help is much appreciated.
    NudeHemp Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 12:05 AM
    Lol man it should be sore for a while, not like months but maybe a week or so. Its totally chill :)

Mar 15, 2009, 05:41 PM

It was throbbing the rest of the day but.acually it seemed healed after 4 days :)
    MonicaMM Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Any new piercing will take a full 8 to 12 weeks to heal. Since the septum is the less painful facial piercing to get, it should heal fairly quickly. It's important to keep it clean with h2ocean, or even a simple saline solution. Just remember: the more the you touch it, the more that it will become irriated.

Enjoy your new piercing! =]

Mar 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1guyver2 View Post
    it was throbbing the rest of the day but.acually it seemed healed after 4 days :)
    Lol told you man. Anymore questions feel free to ask meh :)

Mar 28, 2009, 05:55 AM

I use cue tips to clean it with dial complete anti bacterial soap on it. I gauged it to a 10g and when I gauge it I only feel the right side stretching... and only the right side has been quite sensitive the following days. What's up with that?

Mar 29, 2009, 11:32 AM
    I think I ripped it but its fine and healed now :)

Mar 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
    i think i ripped it but its fine and healed now :)
    U went from 16-10 :0 in your nose. Lol of course it ripped. Its best to go from 16-14-12 so on and so on. U can maybe skip one or two, you don't want to cause of the exact reson. Plus it makes it look weird when u take it out to clean it.

Mar 29, 2009, 03:03 PM

Oh and, you may want to use preoxide to. Not so much alcohol, I mean alcohol kills evverything but it hardcore. Peroxide kills mostt if no all infection. But use alcohol if you want. But not JUST dail A.B soap. Anymore questions. You know where to find me

Mar 29, 2009, 04:45 PM

Yeah I learned that the hard way :) I play on waiting at least a week in between sizes. Cool ill remember that if I ever have an infection to use peroxide thanks. My life long dream is to be able to fit a straw through my nose and have someone drink through it... that day will soon come

Apr 4, 2009, 01:29 PM
    yeah i learned that the hard way :) i play on waiting atleast a week in between sizes. cool ill remember that if i ever have an infection to use peroxide thanks. my life long dream is to be able to fit a straw through my nose and have someone drink through it... that day will soon come
    Lmao hell yea man, just remember as long as your clean and patient all your dreams will come true hahahahaha

Apr 4, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NudeHemp View Post
    lmao hell yea man, just remember as long as your clean and patient all ur dreams will come true hahahahaha
    I'm very clean I would feel so dumb and confused if I got any infection.im stuck at a 10g for a while. Might be getting a nose job until I get it or find out I can't then I'm stuck at a 10 :(. Do you have your septum? What size?
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 7, 2009, 09:26 AM

Ouch. Lol
    volta_rewind Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 03:50 PM

Nah you should be fine.
    Although piercings may not hurt at the time it's being done, they will always hurt a little later. Obviously, I mean you did just put a hole in your face. Piercings take like 4-8 weeks to heal. I had mine done, and it didn't completely stop hurting for about 5 weeks, Just keep it clean.

Apr 15, 2009, 12:22 PM
    im very clean i would feel so dumb and confused if i got any infection.im stuck at a 10g for a while. might be getting a nose job untill i get it or find out i can't then im stuck at a 10 :(. do you have your septum? what size?
    Nah I don't have my septum I have 11/16 in. flesh tunnels in and a 14g lip ring. And your getting a nose job? You will have to take it out if that's the case.
    poet of pearls Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 06:02 PM

I would not recommend using peroxide to clean a piercing... its still too harsh and may strip away your bodys natural healing germs. I recommend using H2Ocean. It's a salt water solution that is designed to help in the healing of piercings and tattoos. I have used it on all my piercings and it works wonders. You can pick it up at any of your local Tattoo parlors or at Hot Topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deviated septum [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a septoplasty done in a Drs. Office? I have had mant tests done, but feel that I have a deviated septum. I had nose surgery about 3 yrs. Ago, for mr cartliage that was squeezed together with the left side of my nose. I have been dizzy off & on for 5 yrs which affects my balance. I think...

Septum should I get claw/talon/pincher? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on buy a set of pincher tapers off eBay 14g-0g and I wanted to know if you can flip them up into your nose so you can't see it? Like these http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/1guyver2/ff_2.jpg

Septum or snake bites? [ 4 Answers ]

I have my tongue pierced and it didn't hurt at all I wouldn't even give it a 1 out of 20+ I would like to get a septum or snake bites. What is the level of pain usually experienced of a septum and lip piercings and which of them looks better? Im worried about the noticeable scar lip piercings...

After Deviated Septum Surgery [ 1 Answers ]

In October I had surgery on my nose to fix my deviated septum. I noticed results as soon as they removed my splinters. The only problem I have now is that every now and then I have pain inside my nose; they're so bad they can cause me to have a very bad head ache. Is this normal after surgery? I...

Deviated Septum? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering if I have a divated septum. I broke my nose 3 times and had surgeries.. to fix it (the first time was 20 years ago and the next two were about 6 years ago) my nose is a bit crooked. I can't smell most of the time and my nose is constantly running.Can this be a deviated septum? If so...

View more questions Search