Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calvarez Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Low water pressure from the wand (delta product)
    Hello Sr. I have a delta faucet on my kitchen.and is taking about 5 weeks before I start notice low water pressure and check the water pressure undrneath the kitchen cabinet and open the valves and is plenty of water pressure on it. I discconect the hose from the wand and also is water pressure, I replace the wand twice and the problem goes away but
    5 weeks later the problem is back ( I cannot keeping on replacing the wand every time they are very expensive) but I cannot get a good answer from delta company.
    Thank you.
    Carlos.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 07:58 PM

Instead of replacing the 'wand' just give it a good cleaning, run some water backwards through the wand this should wash out any deposits that are coming out of your water heater and stopping in the wand. The wand also should have a back flow perverter where it connects to the hose, this should also be cleaned. You may have a dip tube, in the water heater, that is deteriorating. To clean this out of the lines will take a lot of flushing of the heater and the hot water lines.

If you think this helps you please rate my answer.

Mar 6, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    Instead of replacing the 'wand' just give it a good cleaning, run some water backwards through the wand this should wash out any deposits that are coming out of your water heater and stopping in the wand. The wand also should have a back flow perverter where it connects to the hose, this should also be cleaned. You may have a dip tube, in the water heater, that is deteriorating. To clean this out of the lines will take a lot of flushing of the heater and the hot water lines.

If you think this helps you please rate my answer.
    Well thank you for the response but if that were the case that the water heater is going
    Bad the problem will exist on the whole house but the problem only is happening
    On the kitchen faucet.
    Thank you
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:28 PM

Don't know exactly what the problem is there yet, and since its only that faucet wand I would tend to lean towards the wand is junk. If you had the old one I would completely take it apart to see what fails in it. Spring,washer.etc.
    If it were the other faucets I would suggest water contaminants.

Maybe you have more lime in the water and that effects the wand quicker or more because of a part in there very sensitive to lime or iron, just a thought. Use Lime away to clean that on and see if that makes a difference. If it does then that could support my thought of reaction from the water itself

An in-line water filter may be needed here if heater and other faucets are OK.

See what others think here. Since its going bad now that's the baby I would tear apart to see what may be a defect in manf if it doesn't flush out

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Mar 7, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
    hello Sr. I have a delta faucet on my kitchen.and is taking about 5 weeks before I start notice low water pressure and check the water pressure undrneath the kitchen cabinet and open the valves and is plenty of water pressure on it. I discconect the hose from the wand and also is water pressure, I replace the wand twice and the problem goes away but
    5 weeks later the problem is back ( I cannot keeping on replacing the wand every time they are very expensive) but I cannot get a good answer from delta company.
    Thank you.
    Carlos.
    Well thank you 21- boat but the problem is that the wand is seal you cannot take a part
    The extra filter for that line will make sense although I'm rather go to the bottown of the
    Problem and came up with a solution.
    Thank You. Carlos

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta Monitor 2300 Series - low hot water pressure [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Delta Monitor 2300 Series tub/shower faucet, it has two handles, one for temperature and one for pressure. The hot water pressure is horrible in both tub and shower, cold is pretty good. Hot water pressure in rest of house is fine. From what I've read it sounds like something is...

Any Guidance on the Easy Water Product for treating hard water? [ 13 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any insight into the EASY WATER solution for treating hard water? It appears to be a simple to implement solution, but does it really work as advertised? I have well water service... coming into the house through PVC pipes into a collection tank and then copper pipes...

Hot water driping out of Delta faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Delta Model #35925 two handle widespread lavatory faucet and the hot water faucet is dripping out of the spout not from the handle. I have put 4 new cardridges in and it still leaks. HELP

Delta Pullout Faucet Water Pressure Loss [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Delta Signature Series Faucet Model 472, (Single Handle, Pull Out) in our kitchen sink and just yesterday started having low pressure. Haven't changed the water heater or anything else lately, the house is only about 2-1/2 years old. Pressure remains fine in all of the other sinks in the...

Delta Shower Water control [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a new shower installed. It uses Delta rotary control from cold to hot.. Leaving it on HOT does not give burning HOT water.. Is thare some kind of a lock that limits how much hot water is supplied to the shower? My other shower(old) gives burning hot water in the HOT position - this...

View more questions Search