Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jilljo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Microsoft office live basics "web parts"
    Hello,
    I have been trying to build a horse related web site using Office live basics. I've had no computer instruction except what I've been able to learn just using the computer and don't really know a lot about using a word processing program, which I gather is basically what a WYSIWYG editing program is? My problem is using the web parts. How to move more than one image around on the same webpart. Also placing the text. Is anyone familiar with working with web parts, or know of a tutorial that might help? Microsoft's learning center or support center is no help. They probably assume I should know how to do that Thanks for any advice,
    Jill
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2006, 02:20 PM
    I'm not familiar with MS Office's "live basics" but let me pass this along:
    1. If you're hosting the account with a "traditional" web host rather than a freebie site, they probably have a far better web design program (for free) than trying to use MS Office.
    2. Better than MS Office OR a web design app offered as a freebie with a web host would be something like MS FrontPage, which you can get for about $150. It's not a professional web designers choice but is a great app for starters and will likely do (easily) all you want to do for your website.

Now, if someone comes along to help you get it going with MS Office, wonderful!. but if not, add a little info and we might be able to help you get the site going:

Are you using a paid web host or are you putting it on a freebie site? If you're using a paid web host, who is it?
    jilljo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for the reply. Microsoft is my host. It's Microsoft office Live beta. The basics is free or you can upgrade to essentials and work with Front page(which I don't have of course) I got the impression that this worked similar to front page. They do your domain name, hosting and everything. I had IPower hosting for a year, and never did get a site up. I would get so far and get stuck, I wanted to get someone to design it, but my husband decided we couldn't afford to have it done, so when I saw this Microsoft beta I thought I could at least get some kind of simple site up. It's browser based, so I don't have to figure out how to publish it to the web. The layout templates are pretty limited but that's okay. I just need to get some pictures of some horses with some text telling something about them. It will let me upload the pics fine. You are supposed to drag a "text and images" icon into a "zone". It doesn't tell you how to manipulate them once you have them there. I just can't figure out how to put the pics and the text together in the same web part where I want them. I have been experimenting with the "Mares for sale" page. The address is http://www.soaringeaglepainthorseranch.com Any ideas how I could learn about "web parts and zones"? Thanks so much, I'm sorry to be so ignorant.
    Thanks,
    Jill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Norton2003 Antivirus "live update"I [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows XP, installed Norton Antivirus, and when I try and update my Live update, the program comes back and says I don't hve a server. I do have MCHSI SERVER, I can bring up my e-mail, or anything on the web. I tried to go to Symantec web page and tried everything they had. They didn't have...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

Microsoft works database "out of memory"! [ 3 Answers ]

Yo, Anyone know how I can stop the above message coming up, when I try to print, or even print preview, a nodest little database. Really apreciate your help, Perth, Australia:confused:

View more questions Search