Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 12:11 AM

artlady agrees: Im very sorry if I screwed up the thread.I was trying to get you to relax for r a sec because I know how committed you are and iI was just trying to be diversion I was not ever going to grab the thread.
    Sweetie, no worries, I was kidding. I guess not everyone gets my humor. :o

So, just so you know, I'm sarcastic, pigheaded, opionionated, absentminded, bodacious, gorgeous, sultry... now I'm getting off topic. ;)

Big hug Lady, don't worry. :)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sweetie, no worries, I was kidding. I guess not everyone gets my humor. :o

So, just so you know, I'm sarcastic, pigheaded, opionionated, absentminded, bodacious, gorgeous, sultry..... now I'm getting off topic. ;)

Big hug Lady, don't worry. :)
    Bodacious is right on. And I get you too .Your a nice lady,I get you :confused:
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 12:57 AM

It's been a while since someone called me nice. ;)
    Then they must be insane and I beg to differ, you're a sweetheart ,I knew that the minute I came here.. I think you were the first person that I connected with:)
    sasha123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 5

Mar 7, 2009, 06:03 AM

I thought about it really badly yesterday and I came to the conclusion that I would wait until the breeder I bought my dog from have another litter and I buy one from there they will have one that looks like mine I guess I just wanted you people to know,cause its true the one I would take I would know it would be okay but who knows about the other 5 or 6 .I was thinking if they don't get killled like you said who knows if the people who takes them trow them away in the streets and unfortunately no one picks them up to give them a shelter or who knows if a couple will have a baby and they don't want the dog anymore there are people like that as well so my decision is that I buy another beautyful boy from where I bought rex (my dog)even for me ,my puppy would be in better hands till 3 months at a real breeder he has more expirience with puppies I guess my baby saved me as you said before ,thanks everyone
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 06:08 AM

I'm glad Sasha! The doggies are the VIPs round here! :D
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 06:31 AM

Sasha, it takes a whole lot of heart to write what you just wrote. Of course, I can totally identify with your initial feelings on the matter; as I've heard it said, thank goodness we love our dogs enough that we would want to have more just like them. Then again, the real heroes for the dogs are the people who really love our dogs enough, who love all dogs enough, that they're willing to look at the big picture as much as they look at the little picture and are selfless enough to decide that the breeding part of the story is best left in the hands of the professionals. What you wrote takes courage and empathy. I want you to know that I'm impressed, I'm encouraged, and I'm really, really proud of you for being so responsible and caring. I wish you the very best to you, to your dog... and to the future dog you will one day take home and surely love, cherish and appreciate. My best wishes to all of you.

Mar 7, 2009, 06:46 AM

Well to say it all at first I was very angry with all you people cause believe me I was going to take no profit out of it I wanted just another puppy ,but then reading hear and there and speaking it with my boy friend he made me understand you people where right .well I have to say he knows how to take me as well .he said that if we want another puppy there is no need to bring another 6 in this world ,he told me if we wait we will find a puppy that looks like him and this doesn't have to be tomorrow till we find one that looks alike we will still have rex

Mar 7, 2009, 06:56 AM

Well to say the truth I was really angry with you people yesterday,cause I was going to get no profit out of all this ,I wanted just another baby that looks like rex ,but then reading hear and there and speaking it with my boyfriend ,and I have to say he knows how to take me I realized that you where right.he told me that to have another puppy like the one we have there is no need to bring another 5 ,6 in the world .he told me to wait until the breeder we bought rex from have anotherone that looks alike ,till then he said we would still have rex and that's true .

Mar 7, 2009, 07:02 AM

Sorry for wrighting that down twice but I thought I earased it by mistake :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 10:26 AM

Sasha I'm so very glad that you've made this decision, it's the right thing to do.

I hope you understand why we came across so harsh, we deal with a lot of this every day, after a while it gets frustrating because all we have is words and the hope that the person asking the question will listen. I'm so glad you read what we wrote and saw what we were trying to say.

Rex is a lucky dog, he has a mom that not only cares about him but about all the other dogs out there. Because of this decision my dear, you've saved at least 5 dogs, you should be proud of that.

So give Rex a big hug, let us know when you get your new pup and post a picture of Rex, we'd love to see him. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 7, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha123 View Post
    well to say the truth i was really angry with you ppl yesterday,cause i was gonna get no profit out of all this ,i wanted just another baby that looks like rex ,but then reading hear and there and speaking it with my boyfriend ,and i have to say he knows how to take me i realized that you where right.he told me that to have another puppy like the one we have there is no need to bring another 5 ,6 in the world .he told me to wait until the breeder we bought rex from have anotherone that looks alike ,till then he said we would still have rex and thats true .
    I'm very happy to hear that you've made this decision. We here are very passionate when it comes to dogs. We are harsh with people sometimes, because we are here everyday, and we see how the problem with over-breeding is insanely out of control. The animals are our number one priority. So we are not mean people, we are just frustrated when we can't get through to some people. It makes us jump for joy when we can get just one person to understand. It doesn't sound like much, but it's SOMETHING! :D

Will you Google "breed specific" shelters in your surrounding areas, and enter the breed of your dog. You may just find some. If not, Google just the regular shelters in your area, and keep an eye out. You just never know when another dog that looks like Rex will show up.

Keep us updated please. :)
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 7, 2009, 12:14 PM

There is nothing more bitter and harder to chew and swallow then the truth, and the fact that you were able to face it instead of brushing as off as "rude know it alls" as most would and do says a lot. You actually were willing to sit down and think on it, even if the thoughts may not have been so nice at first!

I'm very glad to hear that you have, despite the temptation, decided that it is not the best thing to do. The other person clearly was not a reputable breeder and there is no telling where rex's babies would have ended up or what would have happened to them. Rex's legacy now will not be the puppies born and died on his behalf, but the lives that didn't end because he didn't.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Mar 8, 2009, 07:34 AM
    ***I am sorry, I just finished reading the rest of the threads. I just don't like hearing about people who are thinking about breeding their dog, especially because they do it for the money... And I only know that I would never trade away or harm my dog or any other dog for that matter for any amount of money good, on you for not going through with this. By not breeding your dog you gave a whole bunch more a chance to live, thank you so much.

Oh, and did I just read your dogs name was Rex, awesome, I guess great minds think a like, you take care of your Rex, and I'll take care of mine... Deal. Really though dogs are great, especially when they're named rexLOL
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 8, 2009, 09:49 AM

Hooray to all you girls... preach on, sisters!
    And thanks Sasha, for the thought you put into your wise decision. Your dog is unique and you could never get another just like him, no matter how hard you tried!
    rhiannos25 Posts: 6, Reputation: -3

May 16, 2009, 04:08 AM
    Wow I bet you're sorry you asked this question?! I wish everyone would chill out. I don't think you're a backyard breeder and a few people have been far too harsh on you here for you asking this question. If somebody wants a certain type or breed of dog they will go to great lengths to get it and even pay hideous prices for it. It doesn't matter how many poor dogs and puppies are wasting away and being put to sleep in dog pounds. It's tragic that so many perfectly healthy and loving dogs are put to sleep because no-one wants them but it's also a fact that people want particular breeds of dogs that you can't always get fom a pound. Instead of having at go at someone for asking a perfectly harmless question, have a go at the mindless morons who let their un-neutered dogs roam the streets and breed every time their in season because it's THEIR fault these poor dogs are wasting away and dying.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

May 17, 2009, 01:41 AM

Woops... I mean to dissagree! What you said was unneeded, I don't even understand if you are for backyard breeders or against them... Either way If you just come on a post that's been closed for a couple months then why put somehting like this??

May 17, 2009, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    Woops... I mean to dissagree! What you said was unneeded, I don't even understand if you are for backyard breeders or against them... Either way If you just come on a post thats been closed for a couple months then why put somehting like this???
    I stumbled across this question while looking for advice myself. I don't understand why what I put was "unneeded"? Surely if this was the case why did you reply to it? Oh that's right... because you can reply and that's exactly what you felt you needed to do. Which is what I felt I needed to do when I read what I thought to be unfair responses to the question. So woops... I mean to disagree!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 04:53 AM

Your post didn't really make a lot of sense though and I don't think you read all the responses (4 pages worth)

Starbuck stated only a few posts above yours that you can search for breed specific rescue shelters and organisations, so backyard breeders really aren't necessary which is why we go to such lengths to discourage it.

May 17, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Your post didn't really make a lot of sense though and I don't think you read all the responses (4 pages worth)

Starbuck stated only a few posts above yours that you can search for breed specific rescue shelters and organisations, so backyard breeders really aren't necessary which is why we go to such lengths to discourage it.
    I genuinely don't understand why people are struggling with my post? It makes perfect sense. Have I frustrated people because I didn't have a go?
    All I'm saying is, there were plenty of people ready to jump all over the person (can't remember you're name sorry!) asking the question for trying to mate their dog when somebody took an interest in it. This doesn't make them irresponsible as far as I can see.
    Yes it would be fabulous if everybody chose to get their dogs from rescue homes and shelters but it's a fact that lots of people want a pure bred dog from a young age which you can't always get from the breed specific rescues.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 06:22 AM

I know a lot of people want a purebred dog from a young age which is why they should buy them from a REGISTERED breeder.
    Yes the prices are higher but that;s what you have to pay if want the health of your dog to be priority.

Both the stud dogs and b!tches have genetic testing done so that no hereditary traits are passed on the prodginy.
    Registered breeders don't simply see a dog on the street and like the look of it, they find other registered breeders who have the same knowledge of dogs that they do and are always trying to improve the breed.

I wasn't having a go at you because you didn't say the op was wrong, I was simply saying that there is a reason there is a list of registered breeders and people should either buy from a breeder or go to a shelter, not stud their dog out because someone 'liked the look of it'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't answer calls from me! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tenant who won't pay rent, won't move furniture out and won't take calls from me. They do not use the house as a primary residence. They are very wealthy and definitely have the means to pay. Just incredibly evasive and dismissive. Dotn know where to turn. Someone please help! I cannot...

My dog won't eat after being ill and losing his mate [ 6 Answers ]

My mum one Sunday took the dogs for a walk, it was a hot day and they both ended up getting very sick, one died on our kitchen floor, the other was taken to the vet where we were told it was heat exhaustion. He was put on a drip and the like, since then he was been a different dog. He won't eat...

My ex and my best mate? [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, So I broke up with my ex-girlfriend around 2 months ago. She was the one that dumped me and subsequently its been a tough time. While we don't hate each other were are doing the No Contact rule in order to allow things to heal. I have not healed yet, not by far, I still have feelings for...

Guy mate [ 2 Answers ]

There iz this guy that I really like an we are bezzi mates but he is 3 years older than me an I fancy him but he is going out wiv sum1 else... HELP!:confused:

View more questions Search