Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blatz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    I think any reputable appliance repair shop, Sears or otherwise should just tell you the reset sequence and inform you that if it keeps happening you really have a problem and need someone on site to diagnose if you can't yourself. It did come on for a reason - not just a fluke in all cases. But in my "about to fully fail" heater element it was on it's way out so got ripped for $95 and then another $55 for a re-diagnose. IE: the first time a reset gave the solid clean, the second time the reset just resulted in another blinking clean after the element fully gave out. The problem changed over the course of a few days. I suspect my issue might be pretty common.

My advise would be to just call up Sears first rather than a third party.
    champ1203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Comment on zrocket's post
    Wahoo!! You guys are great. This worked for us too!.
    tgiunta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zrocket
    my clean light was blinking on my kenmore i just pushed the heated wash,and the heated dry buttons one after the other for about 5 times and all the lights lit up and the thing just started going through differant settings then it all quit so i pushed normal wash and its working now.
    zrocket, you "rock". We had this same problem about a year ago and luckily our repair call was still covered under warranty. The Sears repairman came out, pushed the buttons in sequence, then left. In our case, he said the water entering the dishwasher from our hot-water tank was too hot. I lowered the temp on our hot water and the problem didn't occur again... until last night (hopefully the hot water thing will help someone else out there scratching their heads about the green light blinking again and again). My wife couldn't remember the sequence of pushing buttons, so I was all set to call "repair" this morning and eat $100. This site and all your responses saved me time, money, aggravation, and, most importantly the dish pan hands of having to manually wash an entire load-then some ;-). Thanks!
    blatz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Here is an update:

1) first trip by f&f - just reset the clean light and left. Dishwasher worked temporarity - said heater element was fine
    2) light blinking 1-2 days later
    3) cleaned out chopper - filled with seeds and pickled garlic stems... good to know how to clean that but a major pain - should be easier
    4) LIGHT STILL BLINKING - finally called sears repair to diagnose. Said bad heater element as he ran the diag cycle, reached into the unit and touched the heater element which felt cold. Had to order new heater element to fix which took 10 days
    5) didn't want to wait that long so ordered one at partselect 2-3 day - made it in two
    6) had to pull out the unit to get at heater element. Finally found the true story:

Heater element had crack in fitting where it went through bottom of unit. Crack let water seep through and corroded electrical connection. Looks like I had a small fire under there!! That is why things were intermittent - the element was hooked up by a small thread of wire until that finally caved. I soldered on a new connector as the wire was fried - hooked everything back up and it's working great!! Hope this helps someone.

My feeling though on this dishwasher is that it is still a problem design:

1) too hard to access or see anything underneath to diagnose - if I could have seen that electrical fire I would have known the real problem - check your unit's back heater element fitting real close for a crack - this will cause the intermittent nature of the clean light failure
    2) too hard to clean the chopper - should just be a door to access

But everyone likes that full door, no access appearance so I guess this is driven by the marketplace - but does have a cost. I should not have had to remove the unit to make this repair. Disconnecting the electrical and water was a real pain!

Hope this helps someone
    bevmartinphillips Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 07:20 PM
    I have the same machine but I don't think its working correctly, HOw many minutes does it usually take for your machine to go through a normal wash cycle? My lights never go past the second on sensoring.. I have let it go for 2 hours and it never shuts off.
    tgiunta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Did this problem originally start with a blinking "green" clean light? If so, did pushing heated wash-heated dry buttons work? If neither of these scenarios fit your situation, then the only advice I can offer is our machine seems to take forever to finish a cycle too; but it does finish. If yours never finishes a cycle and the green light is not blinking, I don't know where you go from here. Sorry.

Tg
    DebChaffee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
    My dishwasher wasn't working tonight either, same problem as everyone else flashing green light stuck, and I couldn't reset it. I called Kenmore repair and they wanted $198.00for a one year extended warranty, I told them someone helped me at Sears repair before and I knew it was only a matter of pushing a button or two and they said they couldn't help me unless I paid and if they did they would be fired... (total rip off). Anyway I told them forget it, Googled my question and found this wonderful site!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP I PUSHED THE MORMAL WASH AND HEATED DRY AND IT WORKED!! Thanks again for this useful/helpful site :-)
    jrflyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by L0gansm0mmy
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful.
    Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes:
    Thank-you in advance:o
    Thank you so much for the fix! Just installed my Elite model 665.13793K602. Ran it through one cycle OK, but then got the green blinking light. I alternated pushing the Normal Wash and Heated Dry buttons until all the lights came on steady. It seems to have reset, all lights are out, and I am running it through a normal cycle. I'm looking forward to cancelling the Sears service call (BTW - a two week wait for service!). Thanks again for the info!
    lecorob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I am currently tickled pink that I could find an answer to the green blinking light question. It worked for me and now I'll inspect the entire unit to discover if there are any other underlying problems that might need attention.
    Thank you everyone!! ;)
    FallenJJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zrocket
    my clean light was blinking on my kenmore i just pushed the heated wash,and the heated dry buttons one after the other for about 5 times and all the lights lit up and the thing just started going through differant settings then it all quit so i pushed normal wash and its working now.
    WOW thanks that worked perfactly! Thank you! :eek:
    amtv serv adv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by L0gansm0mmy
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful.
    Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes:
    Thank-you in advance:o
    If it is the clean light blinking call call the mfr there is a heater recall kit for that dishwasher
    kz9j2m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:15 AM
    I followed this and it worked perfectly - this is a great site for troubleshooting - saved another $65.00 service call!

:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod
    Thank You.. That Worked for me too!!!

THE POWER OF THE WeB!!!
    kent420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Thank you... it worked for me too... you guys are great!
    dozer1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Dec 18, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Hey Folks; Had the same problem with my Kenmore elite d/w.( CLEAN light blinks 7 times. ) After reading your posts I pushed the norm wash and heated dry buttons 3 times each and it worked. WAY TO GO TEAM I also found the serviceman's schematic taped to top of D/W. It says the unit failed to detect a heat increase in the dry or heat circuit so threw this trouble code.Has lots of diagnostic tips in it . If you're stuck, I suggest check it out. Here's HOPIN' IT'S FIXED!! Dozer Hey Thanks AMTV SERV ADV I will check that out ASAP. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
    West Siberia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 07:28 PM
    YEEHAAW!

Thanks for the tip, it worked great! I don't want to pay Sears any more money. I had a dishwasher for 12 years, no problems, then it died, and we got this one. First the thing wouldn't work without a really loud buzzing noise, found out it was the relay on the soap dispenser. A new dispenser, that didn't fix it, then a new control board for 260.00 and now I am almost into this thing for as much as a new one. Thanks again for the fix
    whatnot Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
    The press 'normal wash' followed by 'heated dry' cycle five times, wait for all lights to go on and then go out worked like a charm for our dishwasher! It was inop for over 3 weeks! I finally took some time to work on it, thinking I'd need to reset a fuse or replace the heating element. Research online showed this trick, which worked like a champ! Saved me time and money! Thanks everyone!
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 2, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Thanks so much for the reset code it worked like a charm JR
    yochanan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
    The RESET sequence also fixed the touchpad problem on our Kenmore Model 665 "Limited Edition". In our case, the touchpad would only run "Quick Rinse" and "Time Saver" cycles -- no response to the "Normal Wash" button. Sears Repair gave me a choice: $75 for a service visit (plus any charges to repair) or $198 for a 1-year warranty. I googled, found the reset sequence just in time, and cancelled the appointment!

The exact words on the touchpad vary for different models in the 665 series. In our case, the sequence is:

"Hi Temp Scrub - Air Dry - Hi Temp Scrub - Air Dry"

After you do that, the lights all flash on. A partial cycle may run at that point (let it). Good to go!
    blwale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Work like a charm! Thanks for the info.
    JudgeMacDonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 07:23 PM
    It is unethical for Kenmore or Sears not to answer questions over the phone regarding simple reset issues.

It turns out the dishwasher is not broken and this blog was the only way we got the reset information we needed.

Some lawyer needs to file a class action against Kenmore for the hundreds or thousands of people ripped off for a service call and probably sold un-needed parts for this reset issue.

As I type, the dishwasher is working and this is what we did:

Press High Temp and heated dry one after the other, about 5 times in succession. Then we hit the Start/Resume button and the cycle continued.

This verges on fraud, if not theft from customers and has diminished the good will that we had for Sears and Kenmore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 5 years old. About 3 weeks ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock which it did, but still will not start. Now, the delay 2 hour light is constantly blinking and my dishwasher still...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher doesn't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we inherited a Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher with a house 2 years ago. It has worked reliably until last week. Now there is about 2" of standing water in the base. I ran it through the cycle once to see if it clear it out but it didn't. Any suggestions? We normally are very good at rinsing off...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a user manual or simply some explanation as to the various controls on the Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher. It is an older model #110753613 Serial number FFA0404041 I have done a lot of searching on the net and the only thing I can find is that Kenmore will give you the user...

View more questions Search