Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senturk007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 03:54 AM
    Adopt my daughter with my turkish future husband
    Hi my long term partner wishes to adopt my daughter from my past marriage , and my ex husband has agreed . As he has 4 children from past we wish to do this ourselves as have no money , but my future husband is turkish have been engaged for a hole year she only nos him as her daddy as my ex has never been in her life we are all meeting up as he wishes to hand her over how do we do this
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 05:53 AM

You NEED a lawyer.

I don't quite understand why people do not understand that adoption law is complicated enough that you really need a lawyer.

What--do you think everyone should just be able to hand their kids around to whichever person is with the parent they're with at the time?

Are you in the US? If so, he may not be ABLE to adopt until you've been married for a specified time period--and it may mean that he may not be able to adopt until he is a citizen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter. In VA [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter, he has been her father almost all her life. Her biological father has never been around and never signed the birth certificate. I am trying to find the steps to take to get her adopted, I will not change my last name until the adoption is final. (she has...

My husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I have sole custody of my daughter, her father is unknown to me and her. We don't have oodles of money to afford a lawyer. What are the steps to take action in him adopting her? Thank you for any information.

My husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my 13 yr old daughter. He has basically helped me raise her since she was one yr old. What do we need to do first? He biological father denied she was even his when I first told him I was pregnant. I haven't been able to find him anywhere ! When I was on welfare in CA, as...

Husband wants to adopt daughter but. [ 2 Answers ]

All right here goes... My husband of 4 years is wanting to adopt my 8 year old daughter. She herself has been asking when she can have her "daddy's" last name. Her Biological father is listed on her birth certificate though we were never married. We did get a court ordered Child support...

View more questions Search