Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sally diniz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Applying for Portuguese citizenship
    My father holds a Portuguese citizenship and passport and is now living with me in Canada. His wish is to reside in Portugual and as his daughter, I need me to look after him as he his old (76 years). I am a Canadian citizen holding Canadian passport and wish to apply for my portuguese citizenship. I was born in Bombay, India in 1959. My father acquired his Portuguese citizenship based on his birth in Goa, India in 1930. Would appreciate your legal advice.
    Thanks
    Sally
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Please refer to This Thread
    Larissa Bona Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally diniz View Post
    My father holds a Portuguese citizenship and passport and is now living with me in Canada. His wish is to reside in Portugual and as his daughter, I need me to look after him as he his old (76 years). I am a Canadian citizen holding Canadian passport and wish to apply for my portuguese citizenship. I was born in Bombay, India in 1959. My father acquired his portugese citizenship based on his birth in Goa, India in 1930. Would appreciate your legal advice.
    Thanks
    Sally
    Dear Sally,

You are eligible to apply for the Portuguese citizenship as daughter of a Portuguese citizen.

But before provinding you further information I need to whether the marriage of your parents is registered in Portugal.

>Personal contact information REMOVED<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese citizenship and macau [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an Australian citizen wanting to acquire Portuguese nationality. My father was born (in the 1950's) in Shanghai to parents who descended from Portuguese citizens in Macau. He was a portuguese citizen until the 1980's. During the 1980's he lost his passport and when my mother went to...

Applying for Portuguese Passport living in SA [ 1 Answers ]

My parents were born in Madeira but we are currently residing in South Africa. I would like to apply for a Portuguese Passport. I need to know where do I apply for the passport and what documents are required and how long is the processing. If I do qualify can I also apply for my...

Applying for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a first generation american. My father is from Germany and my mother is a green card holder from france. I am desperately seeking information on how to obtain either an eu passport or a french passport. The web has not been very helpful and I have written many e:mails and placed...

Getting a portuguese citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My wife and me have been married for more than 4 years, I am from portugal she is from venezuela , I would like to know , what does she need to get my nationality(requirements) please let us know.. Many thanks... Joao da silva

Applying for French citizenship [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to know how long a person must be a resident in France before he or she is eligible to apply for full citizenship or permanent residency? I am currently in France studying and have been here for the last two years. Thanks!

View more questions Search