Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Dems to D.C. students: "Eat Cake"
    By a 52-42 vote... A program popular with Republicans that gives $7,500 private school scholarships to District of Columbia students as an alternative to the city's troubled public schools is in danger of being shut down next year."
    Republicans stop Senate vote on spending bill - - MSNBC.com
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2009, 12:07 AM

The article said that they have to "rethink" their votes and should be rethinking their votes over the weekend. Great. Just in time for the "bag man" to give them some "donations" to help them make up their minds which way to vote. It's a done deal at that rate. Just wait until Monday's vote. There seems to be no shortage of "donations" from Mr. Big Ears "friends" out there helping these poor dimwitted people in Washington on how to vote.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:00 AM

In this case ,athough generally opposed to school vouchers, Obama's Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is not in favor of uprooting the children in the D.C. voucher program. This is one area where the Obama administration is more moderate than the congressional Democrats who want to gut the program.
    Secretary Duncan wants D.C. kids to keep vouchers - USATODAY.com
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ... This is one area where the Obama administration is more moderate than the congressional Democrats who want to gut the program.
    The article doesn't make sense, does it? "Duncan opposes vouchers, he said in an interview with The Associated Press. But he said Washington is a special case...."
    I don't believe the Obama administration is 'moderate' about anything, frankly.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:40 AM

In this case "moderate " is a relative term.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 02:46 PM

So, why do Democrats hate children?
    "...Republican amendments are pending, including one offered by Nevada Republican Senator John Ensign that would drop a Democratic-sponsored plan to phase out a school voucher program in Washington, D.C. The program, created by Republicans, allows an estimated 1,700 children from poor families to attend private schools at public expense."
    Bloomberg.com: News

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Let him eat cake" what does it mean exactly [ 5 Answers ]

What does the saying " let them eat cake mean" if anyone knows it would be very helpful, thank you

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search