Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Destinywalker22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Garishments Washington

We were garnished today,:mad: and we had no idea that it was coming, so sure we deal with at work around it but how do I find out who the garnishment is from? Like I said before we had no idea about it, and don't who the money is going to nor the debt amout?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2006, 12:46 PM
    What was garnished?
    If a paycheck was garnished, then your employer can tell you exactly who it was (and in fact it should be shown on the stub)

If a bank account was garnished then the bank can tell you who garnished it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2006, 01:04 PM
    I am surprised that you had no idea this was coming. The creditor had to go to court to obtain a judgement that was served on your job or the holder of the asset that was seized. Before getting a judgement some attempt to contain you had to have been made.

Most employers will notify you when a wage garnishment order was received with the details. However, banks may not notify you before turing over assets as a result of a garnishment. But they should tell you the details upon request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hedges on property line - Washington State [ 9 Answers ]

Well... I've done something foolish and now I need to know what I can (or should) do about it. We have a nice view of Mount Ranier from the patio in front of our home. Over the last few months, the hedge that separates my house and the house next door has grown so tall that it blocked the view...

Buying a home in Washington from Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello :) I would like to find out what the costs are when buying a home and Rent it out. I am from Canada and wanted to know what tax implications there may be if I were to buy real estate in Washington or any state in the U.S. Thank you..

Seattle Washington Area [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved into an apartment with some friends or who I thought where friends at the time. When I moved in I brought my dog with me, and yes I paid a deposit of $175 plus $20 dollars a month extra for the deposit. Well about a month ago we found a house and moved. Now the old apartment is...

Landlord Tenant Law - Washington, DC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a friend who rented the basement apartment of her house to a person who has not paid rent for 2 years. She does not have a Certificate of Occupancy, but can't the tenant be evicted as a squatter, without a C. of O.

Washington DC [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I am a expert about Washington dc. Ask me anything you would like to know about tourism in Washington DC and I will try to answer for you. I will be anixiously waiting to here from you. :)

View more questions Search