Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ButchsMom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Name of a Movie From the late 70's-early 80's
    Friend doesn't remember much about the movie, but believes it may have starred Kurt Russell. Said it was an action movie, involving older cars from the 50's or so and featured one car specially equipped with a "ram" that would disable other cars in a demolition type race. May also have had a drag racing scene in it, and he remembers a '57 Chevy being set on fire around a barn or old garage. He also said the scenes were "antiqued" as to appear to have been filmed in the '50s. My research didn't turn up much, and we have determined that the movie was not Used Cars.

He remembers watching it on TV one evening, when it replaced a regular showing of the Dukes of Hazzard (which ran from 1979-1985).

Sure hope someone can give me a clue - as he is so far ahead of me on this bet.
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Mar 5, 2009, 08:35 PM
    It sort of sounds like Death Proof, but that's 2007. Sorry, I have no idea what it could be. Not my generation (I'm 17)..

However, have you tried imdb? If you think it may have starred Kurt Russell, you can look through all the movies he starred in. They are dated.

Here's the link just in case: Kurt Russell (I)

Good luck with your bet, lol.
    lardly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 08:33 PM

Maybe it's "escape from new york" by john carpenter

Nov 18, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Sorry Lardly, not the one. This movie was set in more of the demolition derby/drag racing theme - but strangely enough, this movie, Escape From New York was playing on TV this evening when I went to work, and I watched a little of it just to make sure it wasn't it. That's kind of spooky in a way.

Nov 18, 2009, 08:56 PM
    [QUOTE=ButchsMom;2092112]Sorry Lardly, not the one. This movie was set in more of the demolition derby/drag racing theme - but strangely enough, this movie, Escape From New York was playing on TV this evening when I went to work, and I watched a little of it just to make sure it wasn't it. That's kind of spooky in a way, two mentions of it in one day.
    DAYZMELT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Your talking about death race 2000 i think the original before jason stathom remake

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's Movie. What is the Name! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this is a movie made for TV or just a movie... I believe it was on Satellite when I seen it... The movie goes like this; two sisters go off to college(one is the quiet type and the other is a material girl type) they both try to get into Sororities; they end up in different Sorority...

Want to know late 70's, early 80's sci-fi movie name [ 2 Answers ]

This actually could have been a made-for-tv movie. The plot was that there was a private plane that had to land in a small town. The plane survivors noticed that there was sort of a "loop" within the community. For example, a survivor went into a barber shop and saw a client getting a haircut...

Late 70's early 80's TV movie [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember a TV movie title. It was on in the late 70's or early 80's and it was made for TV. The lady who's name was Amy, was in fear for her life. She faked her death in a small lake. She had a boyfriend or some guy that appeared to be her protector and it seemed like everyone was...

Movie title from the late 70's early 80's [ 4 Answers ]

Bear with me, my memory is kind of sketchy. Back in the late 70's or early 80's I saw a movie about a family (possibly a futuristic family), that had a large sheet of glass separating them from a group of lions. I believe that the man was killed in the end, by one of the lions. Does anyone know...

View more questions Search