Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iluvfashion2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Why doesn't my dog want to ride in the car with me anymore?
    Why doesn't my dog want to ride in the car with me anymore?
    My dog has never had a problem getting into the car and riding with me places. However, the past two weeks he acts like he has to go to the bathroom and then refuses to get in even after he goes. But he doesn't want to go back into the house the either. It's as if he is torn between riding with me and leaving the house. I am bewildered as to why this behavior is suddenly appearing after 7 years. What is happening?
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 5, 2009, 08:02 PM

Watch his gait very carefully and notice if he is having any problems going up and down steps. It's just a hunch, but since this is sudden, I wonder if he hurt his back or leg getting in or out of the car a couple of weeks back. You may need your vet to go over him, since it may not be an obvious injury.
    ButchsMom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 08:07 PM

Don't know what type or age of dog you have, but the first thing to check is any signs of physical distress in getting in or out of your car, i.e. pulled muscle, ligaments, or even cracked or sore pads. When something out the ordinary happens with your pet, always check with your vet to insure it is nothing physically causing the problem. Also try to remember if anything out of the ordinary happened during your last ride - such as a potty accident in the car, something startling him/her, or even an extended stay in the car alone - which might have caused a fear issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

70's ride on toy (square like ride on toy) [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for square like 70's ride on toy orange or red that had 6 wheels 3 on each side the rider sat in the middle and moved ride on toy by handles which moved in circle motion. Both hands were used to move this toy?

In for a ride? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so hears my story This may sound stupid and childish.. but for eh, three years? I have been BEST friends with everyone in the grade above me. I practically forget my real grade, I am ALWAYS with them.. and consider myself in the grade above me. I have not one friend in my own grade, me and...

Don't be taken for a ride. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there all! My first comment on this site so bear with me lol right I will explain the whole story could be a long one so here it goes a lot has happened! Right 2 months ago broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year, was the hardest thing I have ever had to do! At the time it seemed the...

View more questions Search