Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MacandClark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Returning Canadian w/ Out of Country Funds- TAXES?
    Dear Experts-
    My husband and I are Non Resident Canadians living and working in the Turks & Caicos since 2004. We are planning on moving back to Canada in the later part of 2009- We need advice on how to re-enter the system with our money and where our tax obligations are.

1) Will I have to pay tax on the money I bring back with me? And if so How do I mitigate my tax obligation?

2) When does the tax year end?

3) If we return in 2009 will we be subject to federal or provincial income tax for 2009?- Are they entitled to my earned income even though I was out of country for most of the year?

I appreciate any feedback you many have-

MacandClark
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Sorry, but the reason you got no answer is because this forum addresses taxes for the United States, not Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Due to a situation I have put my books and taxes on the back burner. Can I file Canadian income tax returns before I fianlize my books for my business

Canadian laws on returning engagement rings [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend proposed to me. I announced the news to my family and friends. Now he`s calling off the engagement and wants the ring back. I feel it was given to me with a promise that HE is breaking so I don`t really want to give it back. Legaly do I have to? I`m from Ontario, Canada.

Social Security/Medicare taxes after returning to India [ 1 Answers ]

Status: Currently on H1B, returning to India for good, in April Will be treated as Resident for 2007 based on substantial presence test ( 183 days in last 3 years). I've some stock options granted by company, which are vested but I've not exercised yet. I've some ESPP as well, part of which...

Canadian taxes etc. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been trying to find an answer to this but so far nothing firm. The questions I have are about my tax responsibilities as a Swede in Canada and my Canadian wife. I am under the impression that as long as I haven't spent more then 50% of my time over the past rolling 12 month period in...

Canadian Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for some help on doing Canadian taxes. I've never done taxes in Canada myself (my dad has always done them). I'm Canadian and last year I worked about 8 months in the US and then moved back to Canada so I guess I have to declare my US income in Canada. How do I go about doing this? ...

View more questions Search