Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yvetterettigdea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Can a minor child give a child up for adoption without parental consent of father?
    Can a minor child give up a child for adoption without parental consent of the father?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 12:58 PM

The baby's father MUST sign away his parental rights too in order for an adoption to go through.

If you're talking about the pregnant minor's parent's consent--no, a parent does not have to consent to their minor child choosing adoption for the baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I put my child up for adoption because that's what the father wants? [ 30 Answers ]

Im 18 years old and I just became pregnant. I deff. Don't want to have an abortion but I also don't want to give my child up for adoption because of the fact that someone else is going to take care of my child. The father of the kid thinks its best we put it up for adoption because it'll be better...

How do you get a child back after you have been forced to give it up for adoption [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago I was in a CPS battle with the state of washingon in Oak Harbor. I admitted to what I had done, and I did have one case founded and another unfounded. I thought that my son would be returning home soon. There was things that I was asked to do that I had not Gotten all the...

Stopping a minor giving child up for adoption [ 2 Answers ]

Can parents stop a minor child from giving her baby up for adoption? The minor had the school call the adoption agency? Should a school interfere with that?

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Adoption of Child by my father [ 12 Answers ]

Unfortunately for me, I had a child with a man that turned out to be not what I thought he was. This was 8 years ago, and he has never seen her. I would like to get him to sign away any and all rights to her. My father who is a very respectable person in society and has no criminal history at...

View more questions Search