Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t88277 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 07:13 PM
    New Thermostat, doesn't work
    Just bought a Hunter 44110. Not working.

Old thermostat ChasRoberts was wired as follows:
    G=Green
    C=Blue
    R=Red
    Y=Yellow
    O=White

Instructions would have me tie the blue and yellow to the Y on the hunter.

How should the old wires match up to the hunter:

G=?
    RC=?
    RH=?
    Y=?
    W=?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2006, 09:02 PM
    The normal wiring for heating and AC is as follows:

G= Would be the green wire that turns on the indoor fan
    RC=Would be the red wire which is the power coming form the transformer
    RH=Blue is power coming from another source-it should have a jumper to RC?
    Y= Would be the yellow that sends power to the condensing unit outside?
    W= Would be the white that opens the valve for the heat

Sometimes the electrician will install more wires that he needs, that could be on reason for the blue wire.
    In older situations the AC and the heat had separate power sources and one wire with to RH and one Wire went to RC, newer houses only have on transformer and therefore only one wire is needed. If for some reason things do not work the way they should switch the yellow wire and put the blue one in its place. There should have been a jumper wire with the new thermostat that would connect the RC to RH. Message me if you need more.
    Michelin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
    How should the wires match up to the hunter:

I have yellow, red, white, green and then a red jumper wire if I use the jumper wire and I connect all the others to the letters of the color codes what would I do with the other red wire. My AC is not cooling at all... I changed filter, batteries... etc. I have a Hunter 44110... please help

G=?
    RC=?
    RH=?
    Y=?
    W=?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Will this work? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone :D I've been looking for an easy,cheap and non-deadly(hehe) way to get my Skin a bit lighter since I have been experiancing some weird greyish Shift of my skintone (I Don't want to bleach my skin!). This is what I'm going to try; Taking a lot of Vitamin C, Drinking a lot of...

Some of my work [ 2 Answers ]

Some pointers on my stuff? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Der_Konig/Beaauty.jpg I made it on adobe photoshop 7,I don't have much other stuff to display due to a recent computer death *tear* =(

Will it all work out [ 2 Answers ]

I am 31 and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have $19,000 in debt I don't know how I will pay back and have just broken up with my boyfriend. He knows nothing of the baby or the debt. If I tell him I am pregnant then I have to tell about the debt. I am so scared I don't know what to...

Changed thermostat now heater won't work [ 1 Answers ]

We changed a white rodgers thermostat out to a honewll round and now in order for the heater to come on you must first turn the fan to the "on" position. The heater will come on but won't turn the fan on so the safety sensors turn the heater off when there is no air flow. I was told that we got the...

View more questions Search