Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janisf11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Flash slide Show
    The weather channel has a desk top version that can be downloaded from weatherchannel.com. In the upper right hand corner is a flash slide show called "Just for Fun." I would like to know how to make one like it because it has the controls I need and I really like the way it looks. I would appreciate any help you could give me to create that slide show using my content. :confused:
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Aug 24, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

I will give you some steps in a nutshell, to get you started, since it is somewhat more complicated than it may seem.

1. Organize the pics you want for the show and import them to your library.

2. Place each picture on a different frame within a single layer.

3. Create an actions layer to place a stop action in the first frame. This way you don't rip through all the pics too quickly.

4. You can select buttons that you like from your library to add functionality to the slideshow. You will need to use some actionscript to make them work.

5. Add your buttons to a separate layer

6. Create some OnRelease statements for the buttons that will take you to the next frame of your show. Be sure that the last pic cycles back to the first frame.

If you have some experience with flash this should make some sense. If you have never used flash before it will be an uphill battle.

I hope this is helpful enough to get you started. Flash is a challenging program to use at times and difficult to explain in text through a forum.

As you get going on your project stop by again to ask some more specific questions dealing with issues that arise and we will try to get you finished with your goal.

Good Luck!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
    Just a quick addition - instead of using buttons from the library, you can also create your own. Just draw something, select it using the white arrow pointer, press F8 (Convert To Symbol), give it a name and set it's type to "button" and volia!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Slide rule [ 8 Answers ]

Not saying my age, but when I went to college there were no computers, maybe one large main frame with two or three terminals but nothing for any course work except for beginning computer. ( and it was not even there the first couple of years) So in our classes we used a "slide rule" Do...

Using images from a slide for the internet [ 1 Answers ]

How do you transfer an image from a slide to the computer so that you can print it out or use it on the internet? Thanks for your time.

Old slide projector [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find the year this slide projector was made?Manumatic-Gold E Mfg-Chicago Ill. Serial no 60480

View more questions Search