Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copeladix Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Using hard water for my fish tank
    I have a 65 gallon fish tank and we have well water is there anything I can use to remove the lime from my water? It's making my tank cloudy. I've tested the PH and it's around 7.4 and the nitrite is 0 and the nitrate is also at 0. The fish seem fine It just looks ugly being so cloudy. Any help would be appreciated.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2009, 07:12 AM
    There are lots of products available at pet stores that remove chemicals from water and remove cloudiness.
    I use just a generic water ager as well as a product called GEOLIQUID it removes the cloudiness completely within a day.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 10:22 PM
    A Ph of 7.4 is good.
    Even though you have well water, using a water conditioner can neutralize heavy medals that may be present in the water.

If the nitrate level is a zero, that's a good indicator that your aquarium is
    Not yet cycled. The cloudy water is most likely ammonia and pollutants.
    And perhaps a beneficial bacteria bloom.Aquarium cycle.

You'll have to wait the cycle out which can take up to 4 to 6 weeks.
    You also have the choice of using bottled bacteria to speed up the cycling process. A product I use and trust is Cycle by Nutrafin.

Good luck, if I can help you with any specific questions, please let me know.
    copeladix Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 02:28 PM

Thank you both for the info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

Cold water fish tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am new to keeping fish and I turned my filter off alst night while my mum slep on the sofa cause it is really noisy! Turned it back on this morning and the water is really cloudy! What has happened? How can I fix the problem of the cloudy fish tank? Please help me am worried about my fish......

PH adjustments in my fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30 gallon fish tank with discus fish I can't seem to lower the PH to the correct setting. I have tried everything at the local pet store it is about 7.5 I need 7.0 please help:confused:

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search