Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crabby27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Pricing for A.h. Ritchie metal etching of Washington and his Generals
    I have a metal engraving of Washington and his Generals by A.H. Ritchie. It has been in the family for at least 100 years and I would like to know what it is worth? It is 36" x 24" and the frame is engraved wood 48" x 36". It also has a small ledgend naming each of the individuals in the picture.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:45 PM

I'm assuming that this is a piece by Alexander Hay Ritchie (1822 - 1895)? If so, the engraving would have been made postmortem, or after Washington's time, but I do believe it will prove to be of some value. Are you intending to sell this family heirloom? If you do intend to sell it, I recommend seeing an appraiser first.

I've included a link where you can find a little more information on this artist:

Alexander Ritchie - Artist, Art - Alexander Hay Ritchie

if you would like to post a picture of the engraving, including the names you reference, I would be happy to take a look at it simply to see if there's anything else I might be able to tell you as an artist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

Metal and non metal temperature [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why metals are or appear to be colder than non metals?

How many Generals are in America? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how many Generals serve in America? Thanks in advance.

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search