Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Customer Claiming Defective product twice
    How do you handle a customer that tells you his product is defective and after you reship he calls and says the replacement is defective?
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Mar 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
    I work for a well known Internet company, and when we send out a replacement product that the customer states is defective, we send a returns bag and inform the customer that the product will be examined upon return and if found to be in working order that they will be billed for the product and the return postage.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 12:30 PM

Eemm!! Tricky.

I can see it looks dodgy but quite honestly it can happen.

We had two rooters sent to us and both were faulty...

Maybe a bad batch I've no idea, all I know is that neither worked.

Lets face it, how often does something go wrong... we'll say car won't start, tried for a good hour, nothing doing.

You ring the breakdown service who keep you waitng another hour.

Eventually they turn up turn the engine over and it starts first time, making you look a total idiot.

So it could be the part was working when you tested it but was not working when the buyer received it... it is possible
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 12:14 PM

I had a faucet water filter from Dupont that went bad. The company sent me a replacement that was bad right out of the box. Called them and told them the replacement was a dud. They had the 2nd replacement filter sent to their quality control dept and tested prior to being shipped to me. When I received the 2nd replacement it worked fine. I sent the two defective filters back to them with no problem or cost to me.

A lot of the larger companies try to keep customers happy by sending out a second replacement. I would definitely have the second replacement pretested before shipping to the customer if the first replacement was bad.

I am now a very satisfied customer due to the company taking the extra step of ensuring I get a good, working water filter and not another dud.
    UPSsorter Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 05:12 PM
    I ordered Hunter boots as a present for my niece from 2 different internet companies and both pair (they cost $100+) had this waxy white stuff that made the boots appear used. I returned them both. The companies can make exceptions and still make a profit from the items they sell which are not returned. I am a supervisor in a call center and the customer who always "gets the exception" is the one who is polite, verbal, and persistent. My reps laugh at the customers who curse and lose their tempers. If you are a dissatisfied customer, my advice to you is to politely and firmly "escalate" until you are connected with the supervisor or manager who is authorized to make that "one time exception" to get you off the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

Product adaptation and standardisation of product [ 3 Answers ]

What is actual meaning n definition for adaptation and standardisation of product in local as well as international market? Give me with the suitable examples of german and japanies products

How to write a letter to customer introdue ourself and our company product [ 4 Answers ]

Dear help desk, How to write a letter to customer introdue ourself and our company product??

How do I record a journal entry when a customer pays for a product I don't have yet? [ 3 Answers ]

I work for a company where the customer has to pay me in advance before getting their product. I have to order the product from the wholesaler after I receive the money. I sold a product for $14.84, $7.00 will be profit, and $7.00 and $0.84 in taxes are going to be sent to the wholesaler for the...

It's been a year & it's obvious Maytag had the defective product (washer) [ 2 Answers ]

If you look at my previous postings under "momtoafew", it's been about a year since my Maytag SAV series washing machine disaster! Just wanted to say that people should be informed that these machines have major issues! I spent hours and hours calling repair people and getting my drains snaked,...

View more questions Search