Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salrider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Is ITIN application and tax refund application different?
    I applied for ITIN with my tax return this year.

Do I need to apply again for my tax return separately or tax return application with ITIN is sufficient?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 02:10 AM

There is no other requirement.
    millanbr Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Mar 9, 2010, 04:31 PM

You don't need to file your tax return again. You only need to wait for your refund. It takes a while though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes with ITIN application (W7) [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently on H-1 B and my wife on H-4. We got married in December last year. I am planning to file a W7 for her to get an ITIN, so that I can file Married Filing Jointly. I have a couple of questions regarding this: 1. She was working in India prior to our wedding. Do I need to report...

When is the cut off date for submitting ITIN application [ 7 Answers ]

I am going to submit an ITIN application for my wife this year. Since it takes at least 6 weeks to process the application and assign a number, what is the cut-off date for the application? Is it still Apr. 15 or six or more weeks before Apr. 15?

Re-applying ITIN application for H4 [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I filed my taxes through H&R block in April along with my wife's ITIN application manually through paper not e-filing.I got a rejection letter from Dept. of Treasury stating that the reason for rejection is that they do not authorize the person who filed ITIN application as acceptance agent....

Regarding ITIN application for H4 spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an H1-B visa holder, and in U.S since Dec 2005. My husband is on H4 visa and visited U.S from April 17- June 24, 2006. Now when I am filing taxes for 2006, can I apply for w-7 for him, he is not here but in India now. Then can I get the benefits of a married and filing joint return? Then...

FNU & W-7 application -ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My wife's name on her H-4 Visa has FNU as her first name (while her "given name" on the passport is labelled as "last name" on the Visa). I am applying for her ITIN and confused about the 1a and 1b sections of W-7 form. 1a - states to enter legal name as it appers on your document. 1b...

View more questions Search