Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atrugapch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Beneficiary of Estate
    If a person is a beneficiary of a Estate and has not been contact, do legal notices need to be posted to try and find the person? If so, what does one go about find the legal notices?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:38 AM

Not certain I understand your question, but if I thought I were a beneficiary, I would contact the court in which the estate is being administered, and obtain more information. Beneficiaries are entitled to notice as a general principle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 12:22 PM

Yes, the court has to make certain attempts to find the person. But then someone will have to file the will with the court for them to even be aware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beneficiary Adjudication [ 1 Answers ]

My mother past and there are several life Ins. Policies. My sister will not make this information available to me unless I give her power of atty. How do I find out the name of the life Ins. Company separate from getting a copy of same from the funeral director? I am listed on the policy as a...

Designation beneficiary [ 7 Answers ]

If a family member name me in a insurance policy along with his/her three kids, and name me as guardian with and equal split do I receive any monies even with the other parent still living?

Beneficiary deed [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is deceased. I would like to have a beneficiary deed on my real estate property. Do I need to change the warranty deed to remove her name before doing the beneficiary deed?

H2b visa beneficiary [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are both in an h2b visa and this is are 3rd contract already. We're planning to bring are daugther on our nxt contract, what will be the chances that we can bring her here. Can we schedule her on the same day we'll have the interview on the embassy next tym. Should we bring her...

Estate Tax when beneficiary is Non-US citizen [ 3 Answers ]

As a non US citizen with a deceased spouse, how do I find out if the insurance money that I get is taxed through the estate tax? I know that if the amount I receive from the spouse exceeds 2,000,000 then it is subject to a 45% estate tax. Do my spouses different life insurance policies...

View more questions Search