Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 10:41 AM
    What are Obama's foreigh policy goals?
    "US daily, the New York Times, said on March 3 that US President Barack Obama had sent an allegedly secret letter to his Russian colleague, Dmitry Medvedev, envisaging a possibility of swapping the missile defence system in Europe for cooperation against Iran's ambitions to build nuclear weapons." http://www.globalpost.com/webblog/ru...iran-%E2%80%93

A very stupid idea, to swap protection of East Europeans by the U.S. for an unenforecable and unverifiable deal with the Russians in Iran. The community organizer is out of his league.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:04 AM
    A very stupid idea, to swap protection of East Europeans by the U.S. for an unenforecable and unverifiable deal with the Russians in Iran. The community organizer is out of his league.
    Indeed

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ia-324366.html
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    A very good and informative post that is a first indication of Obama's foreign policy direction. A community agitator with his finger on 'the button'. We must hope there is adult leadership nearby.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:32 AM

It isn't coming from the Clintonoids he hired . Evita goes on her first trip to Asia and doesn't find the time to visit one of our most important emerging allies ;India . Then she goes to Israel to slap around our major ally in the ME .

He made Richard Holbrook his personal Viceroy for the Afghan/Paki/India region .But like Evita ,Holbrook thinks India is an afterthought. Christopher Hill was a poor choice for Amabassador to Iraq in my view. He will blow it just like he did as US nuclear negotiator with N.Korea. Fortunately Iraq is used to dealing with idiot American diplomats like Hill and Bremer .
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:21 AM

I suppose Oboids can sponsor university exchange visits because the U.S. has much to learn about community organization.
    "President Barack Obama is poised to offer an olive branch to Cuba in an effort to repair the US's tattered reputation in Latin America.

"The White House has moved to ease some travel and trade restrictions as a cautious first step towards better ties with Havana, raising hopes of an eventual lifting of the four-decade-old economic embargo. Several Bush-era controls are expected to be relaxed in the run-up to next month's Summit of the Americas in Trinidad and Tobago to gild the president's regional debut and signal a new era of "Yankee" cooperation.

"The administration has moved to ease draconian travel controls and lift limits on cash remittances that Cuban-Americans can send to the island, a lifeline for hundreds of thousands of families."
    Obama will use spring summit to bring Cuba in from the cold | World news | The Observer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    President Barack Obama is poised to offer an olive branch to Cuba in an effort to repair the US's tattered reputation in Latin America.

"The White House has moved to ease some travel and trade restrictions as a cautious first step towards better ties with Havana, raising hopes of an eventual lifting of the four-decade-old economic embargo.
    Hello George:

Yeah, that's what I like about you folks. If something doesn't work, do it harder...

Tell me, George, has four decades worth of economic embargo brought down the old coot, any more than your decades old drug war has reduced the availability of drugs??

You guys are silly. Sometimes, after 40 years or so, one should grasp that what they're doing AIN'T working. No?

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:32 AM

"BRUSSELS (Reuters) – In its first public overture to Tehran, the Obama administration intends to invite Iran to an international conference on Afghanistan planned for this month, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Thursday.

"'If we move forward with such a meeting, it is expected that Iran would be invited as a neighbor of Afghanistan,' Clinton told a news conference in Brussels after meeting NATO foreign ministers.

"President Barack Obama, in a dramatic turnaround from Bush administration policy, has said the United States wants to engage Iran on a range of issues and the conference invitation would be the start of diplomatic outreach to Tehran.

"Clinton proposed the conference, which brings in Afghanistan's other neighbors including Pakistan and other major players, would take place on March 31."
    U.S. to invite Iran to Afghanistan meet: Clinton
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello George:

Yeah, that's what I like about you folks. If something doesn't work, do it harder....

Tell me, George, has four decades worth of economic embargo brought down the old coot, any more than your decades old drug war has reduced the availability of drugs???

You guys are silly. Sometimes, after 40 years or so, one should grasp that what they're doing AIN'T working. No?

excon
    A very good and informative post that is a first indication of Obama's foreign policy direction.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    President Barack Obama, in a dramatic turnaround from Bush administration policy, has said the United States wants to engage Iran on a range of issues
    Hello again, George:

Uhhh, this surprises you? Hmmm.

If you didn't want him to do what he said he was going to do, you should have defeated him.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 12:50 PM

"PYONGYANG/BEIJING, March 9 (AP) - (Kyodo)—North Korea warned Monday that any move to intercept what it calls a satellite launch and what other countries suspect may be a missile test-firing would result in a counterstrike against the countries trying to stop it.
    "'We will retaliate (over) any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counterstrikes by the most powerful military means,' the official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army as saying."
    N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike+
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 02:55 PM

Also Iran greeted Evita's overtures by launching an air to surface missile test .

Iran tests air-to-surface missile - Los Angeles Times
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 9, 2009, 04:22 PM

Do you well informed people thing that Obama has the same ideas that Neville Chamberlain did?

If so, do you think the results will be similar?
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Yes and as I see Obama formulating a 21st century version of The Great Game ;I see the same smaller nations (as well as many others ) that suffered from the Chamberlain betrayal ,that we have nurtured alliances with ,being thrown under the bus.

Link added to consolidate discussion in one posting

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ia-324366.html
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 09:24 PM

Obama improves relations with Mexico by ending a pilot program of allowing Mexican trucks into the U.S.: "But a study funded by the US Department of Transportation found that when comparing like with like, Mexican trucks were often safer than their US counterparts.

“'The Mexicans have been extraordinarily patient on this,' said Edward Alden, senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. 'The pilot project was enough to give them glimmerings of hope for a long time.'...
    "A long-simmering trade dispute boiled over into sanctions on Monday after Mexico said it would raise tariffs on $2.4bn of US exports in retaliation for ending a pilot programme to allow Mexican trucks on American roads...
    Mexico said it would increase tariffs on 90 industrial and agricultural goods, likely to include politically sensitive farm products, after Congress last week killed a pilot programme allowing a limited number of Mexican trucks on American highways."
    FT.com / Americas - Mexico to impose sanctions on US exports
    Thanks, jackass-in-chief.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Iran also is flying drones over Iraq, and Russia has "reset" our relationship by announcing a rearmament plan. I knew it was a stupid idea to give Russia a red button.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 08:57 AM

Hello again,

Lotta saber rattling going on. Joe Biden was right, as opposed to Vice having been wrong.

Obama DID shoot down the drone, by the way. He ain't no pu$$y.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Obama DID shoot down the drone, by the way. He ain't no pu$$y.
    Yeah, that's it. As much as I hate Obama's plans for ruining our country I have to admit it's kind of fun being on the other side of the debate now and watching people come rushing to the defense of their guy. :D
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 09:34 AM

Hello again, Steve:

I was just thinking about that too. I'd much rather be the attack dog. Defense sucks.

Don't worry, though. I AIN'T no Democrat, and I'm sure I'll find a reason to attack him too.

But, it's going to be a REAL reason - not the subterfuge you guys are tossing around.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:47 AM

Obama, Poland, and East Europe: "President Barack Obama's administration is reviewing U.S. security policy, including the missile shield plan. This has prompted speculation he might shelve a project that has angered Moscow, with which Washington wants to mend ties...
    "Poland said on Sunday it hoped the new U.S. administration would not abandon plans to station a missile defence system on its territory." Poland hopes U.S. will not let it down on shield | Reuters
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:10 AM
    According to Obama and the rest of the Democrats, during the campaign season and before we needed Hopenchange to restore relationships with our allies. So far, Hillary tells them she doesn't understand multiparty democracy, can't get their names right and gives Russia a silly red button. Now we're just pi$$ing off NATO altogether.

Obama Choice Surprises Europeans

or Europeans at least, President Barack Obama's choice for the new NATO commander comes as a surprise.

On Wednesday afternoon, e-mails circulating between Brussels and Berlin suggesting that, within the course of the day, Washington would name General James N. Mattis as the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe. The commander is in charge of all US troops in Europe as well as NATO deployments, including the ISAF security force in Afghanistan.

Traditionally, the United States appoints the supreme commander and the Europeans pick the NATO secretary general. The decision to appoint Mattis appeared to be a logical one. He has long carried the title "Supreme Allied Commander Transformation."

In the end, though, Mattis didn't get the appointment. Instead, Defense Minister Robert Gates announced that Admiral James Stavridis would be nominated for the highly prestigious position. The US Senate and the NATO Council must approve his nomination, but it appears likely he will get through. Gates said Stavridis was "probably one of the best senior military officers" in the US.

In Brussels, though, many felt bluffed. "America treats this like it's purely an American matter -- and they didn't even give any hints about the appointment," one NATO employee said. "The conspiratorial manner of the personnel search was almost reminiscent of the way the pope is selected," Stefani Weiss, a NATO expert at the Bertelsmann Stiftung foundation in Brussels, told SPIEGEL ONLINE.
    Cowboy Bush at his go it alone best... oh wait, he isn't president any more is he?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Most goals [ 4 Answers ]

Which english player has scored the most goals in english league football?

Deduction for interest paid for loan secured in a foreigh country [ 1 Answers ]

I work full-time in the US on a work visa. I bought a house in a different country (India) and took the loan in a bank in India. I do not have any income from that house (my parents live there). Is there a way I can claim a deduction for the interest paid for the loan?

Difference between domain group policy and DC policy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, may I know the difference between domain group policy and domain controller policy. If I want to restrict a user who is accessing the local drives and CD drive of a client machine and internet. How can I prevent the user/user. Thanks varughese abraham.

Goals [ 3 Answers ]

What are some goals that you would want to achieve in baskteball?

View more questions Search