Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smallie27596 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Oil painting of Bear Bryant, football coach
    I have an oil painting of Bear Bryant by Alabama artist Al O'brien. As far as I know it is a one of a kind. Is it worth anything? Should I just sell it on E-Bay?

Rw
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:34 PM

if you're looking to sell it, I would always recommend getting it appraised first. Sometimes you can get a verbal appraisal for less money rather than a written one. It doesn't really cost much to do anyway.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Al O'Brien passed away last year. There is a possibility (or probability) that the value of his work has changed and could continue to change a bit more because of his death.

article:
    Al O'Brien, the Fountain Painter of Birmingham, dead and may face pauper's burial - Breaking News from The Birmingham News - al.com

if you would like to post a picture of the painting, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Football in america and all the football schools in the country [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of the best foot ball school in America?

Bear Bryant art [ 1 Answers ]

I have a charcoal, black on white, of Bear Bryant and 3 University of Alabama players. It is a numbered print and represents win number "315". Cannot make out artist name. Am interested in value.

Teddy bear or grizly bear [ 6 Answers ]

OK as many have read my prevous threads know somewhat about me so for the rest here it is I am a 13 male I weigh 230 lbs and I am 6'2. Lately I have been in the citry and noticing people are afraid of me, I walk up to pretty,cute nice girls around my age and tlak to them and they think imlike...

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

View more questions Search