Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmarsha Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

May 15, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caadev View Post
    Please help!!! I've had this problem for months! Two exterminators did not believe me, said it was lint. Ammonia seems to get rid of them. We can't be having the same hallucinations. Steve 917-353-9250
    Yes,I have had some success with ammonia, but I have found that if you put borax in with ammonia and then dry in dryer and then iron everything. Heat kills them dead. I wish I could iron the walls and ceiling too.:)

May 15, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    Here is a photo of some very tiny biting midges that shows how tiny they get.

http://z.about.com/d/insects/1/0/J/4...ing-midges.jpg

And various midge larvae--biting and non biting, also black fly larvae
    true flies
    I think that this is it, when this larvae "salmon Cr.tributary" is not magnified, does it look like a small hair in a c like shape? And can the biting midges look like a black flake like pepper. I have researched and looked and looked for something that looks even somewhat like what I have been seeing and until today nothing, my God, I think these may really be it. Please contact me asap. Thank you!
    mmarsha

P.S. Those bites on his hands is just what mine look like!!
    findit Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2009, 06:46 PM

Yes they thrive on moisture. As I said they adapt to what ever environment they manage to get into. I have an older home with basement dampness and I noticed the problem soon after I moved in when I had insulation blown into the walls and believe that it must have disturbed them and pushed them into the house/floor boards/window panes. I dread to think how many are in there! I took down some drop ceiling panels in the basement to fix a broken cable line and there were/are tons of them in there. I had to take a shower after that event and threw the clothes out. Last winter I bagged up all my tableclothes, curtains and such and summer clothes and put them in the garage thinking they would freeze and die. I was wrong. The only thing I found that works on cloth items is BiFen. I washed my curtains table cloths and cloth purses/back packs and put Bifen in the rinse cycle and they don't like the smell and stay off them. That surprised me, then I packed these items in plastic bags and have stored them away in plastic bins. I am not going to keep washing these items over and over. I have curtains only on the main living room window. Everywhere else I have roll up shades. It is much easier to wipe down the shades and wipe these down with bifen than deal with washing curtains. Mini blinds are a favorite hang out for them. If they are in the house you will take them in your auto then its like a vicious cycle back and forth. Damp basements yes, are certainly a great haven for them.
    I am sure there are officials, aurthorities out there that know about this problem but will not fess up about it. It is probably something that started as an imported insect that is now out of control. Like the killer bees that have over taken the much needed pollinating bees we once had. There is a virus in our common bees that has been killing them off and farmers are losing many crops. This made the news because it hasn't infested homes and businesses. We aren't crazy, rest asured of that!!

May 16, 2009, 07:42 PM
    I am not sure what these bugs are either and I have also been dealing with an infestation for a year. I have tried everything including professional pest control. It helps for a day or two and then they are back. Three days ago I mixed up a plant pesticide called Rotenone Dust 1% with some floor wax and waxed my floors in it. I also mixed half and half rotenone and diatomaceous earth and put it around my bed on the frame, and also around the baseboards, carpet and fireplace, under couch cushions and chairs. I also started taking Food Grade diatomaceous earth orally with some yogurt, you can not taste it. It has no taste or smell. It is suppose to clean out any parasites that may be in your body? At this point I will try anything, But I have had some GREAT results. Better than Any thing else I have done thus far and believe me I have tried everything. I had my first night of bite free sleep that I have had in more than a year. I of course am still using ammonia and borax together in my clothes and then drying in a dryer and then using a garment steamer on my pj's and my bed and sheets and then I iron. Yes, It is very time consuming to do all this and you may think I am going overboard but believe me a night with out being bit and feeling something crawling on you is definitely worth it. By the way if you do not already have a garment steamer I suggest that you get one they are pretty inexpensive and they work. If there are any no see ums on your bed and you use the steamer , when the steam hits them you can see them and also if you don't already have a plastic zip cover for bed and pillows go to walmart and get you some. They are very inexpensive, I try and get new ones every other week and just put them on top of the old one because I am always burning holes in them with my iron but if you are careful you can avoid that,and for your car get some bug bombs and bomb it and then put the food grade diatomaceous earth in your seats and floorboard. You do not have to use a lot of it, just sprinkle it and then rub it in ,good luck. I will let you know if this relief last for me I am going to wax again tonight. Steam mops are also good to use, steam kills them.
    P.S. You can also lightly dust yourself with the food grade DE , make sure you get the food grade and you can Google it to get more info about it and where to purchase it at.
    rainforestdwell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 01:39 PM
    If you have received any information on this condition PLEASE let me know. I have EXACTLY the same and find no solutions.

I would be very grateful for any assistance or understanding, would prefer a non medical solution, if possible.

Many thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
    HELP!!! Does anyone know what this is? Can you help me research this pest?

I've been searching the internet and writing people for several weeks. Yet I haven't been able to find information on this pest. So it must be something new.

People are contracting a tiny white insect, arthropod, or parasite from clothing of retail stores or other people. This pest is neither a mite nor a flea. It's not lice. It looks like fiber or thread. Yet it's not affiliated with Morgellons or Fibre Disease.

Please pay close attention as I describe the physical attributes and symptoms of this pest. If someone has this pest, they will see 3 types of White things:

1) tiny round things about the size of a spec of salt; some are a little larger
    2) tiny, oblong shaped, things that look like a piece of thread or fiber; varies in length from 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch long (It grows.) **It unfolds itself to fly. It crawls also.
    3) slightly larger round white things that jump.
    I see #1 and #2 most often.

If someone has this pest, they will have the following physical symptoms:
    1) Bites that sting
    2) Red skin rashes and/or small red bumps
    3) Lighting sensations; Victims will feel the pest or its eggs lighting on their skin.
    4) Optional: Itching **I don't itch, but another victim has an itching problem.

Entomologists, Health Departments, medical doctors, and pest control companies aren't familiar with this pest. Some professionals will claim there's no such thing. Therefore, it's difficult for pest victims to get help. **This pest is not related to Morgellon/Fibre Disease.

If you have any information on this pest or if you know anyone who is infested with it, please write me at: twfparasite(at)yahoo(dot)com (Use the “at” symbol and period.)

Thanks for your time and assistance.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Rainforestdwell, have you read this entire thread? Several possibilities were offered. Can you post a picture?
    findit Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2009, 01:42 PM

We all are experiencing a very difficult and unrelenting, torturous problem. I found this descriptive link that hits the nail on the head as to what we are experiencing. I am not advocating the product since I have not used it, but the responders description is the most accurate.
    Parasites - Kleen Green Enzymes - Natural Ginesis

By the way, I bought an ozone generator and still have the problem in my auto. It appears that it must be used at least twice a week to keep the pests at bay, still showering and changing clothes after auto trips, as I don't need more in the house.

Jun 2, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by findit View Post
    We all are experiencing a very difficult and unrelenting, torturous problem. I found this descriptive link that hits the nail on the head as to what we are experiencing. I am not advocating the product since I have not used it, but the responders description is the most accurate.
    Parasites - Kleen Green Enzymes - Natural Ginesis

By the way, I bought an ozone generator and still have the problem in my auto. It appears that it must be used at least twice a week to keep the pests at bay, still showering and changing clothes after auto trips, as I don't need more in the house.
    I'll save you some money, it helps a little. But not enough for me to buy more.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 01:57 PM
    There are several different questions being discussed on this thread and confusion is starting to show. The thread is 3 years old, the original poster has not been back, so this thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Insects inside LCD Screen [ 4 Answers ]

Tiny corn lice have been able to enter into the LCD screen on my Samsung SyncMaster 171s computer screen. They are visible crawling around between the screen layers. Samsung so far are claiming this is not possible. They should have told the corn lice. I am very dissapointed with my 3month old...

Parasites [ 7 Answers ]

Being health conscious reading up on parasites has just plain freaked me out. I mean the idea of worms or microscopic parasites living inside of you. Not to mention the percentage of people infected with parasites are just plain staggering. What do you gyes think of colonix as being a colon...

About insects [ 1 Answers ]

Why spiders are not called as insects?

View more questions Search