Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 11:11 PM
    I thought it was Bush's fault.
    "Mr Darling, a long-time ally of Mr Brown, yesterday insisted the Government had to accept 'collective responsibility' for the banking collapse that has led to the deepest global downturn since the war." Is Mr. Darling off-script or what? Prime Minister Brown "... told colleagues the Tories would win a huge propaganda victory if he expressed any regrets." Brown rift with Darling as PM refuses to apologise for mistakes in handling of economy | Mail Online
    Perhaps Obama's team as assessed PM Brown as damaged goods and is keeping its distance. The PM sounds a bit needy, don't you think? "Suggestions that the new President's crowded diary made it impossible to give more time to Mr Brown rang hollow after it emerged that his other engagements included a routine speech to the Department for Interior and a meeting with the Boy Scouts of America." Mr President and the PM, the best of acquaintances: Is the historic special relationship between America and Britain under strain? | Mail Online
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:54 AM

Our two posts on this topic should be merged into one. This explains the President's actions a lot. Brown is just another prop to be used and thrown under the bus when finished.

If you recall ; Brown and Tony Blair had some kind of deal where Blair would step down and Brown would replace him. Blair renaged on the deal and extended his time as PM because it is generally undertood that Brown is incompetent.

Clearly Brown wanted to be linked with the temporarily popular President and ride his coat-tails but evidently Obama sees no advantage in nurturing the relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you believe about President Bush's statement? [ 16 Answers ]

""I readily concede I chucked aside my free-market principles when I was told ... the situation we were facing could be worse than the Great Depression," Bush said." Obama asks Bush to seek $350B rescue funds - UPI.com Another nut that didn't fall far from the tree.

Pres Geo Bush's OWNERSHIP Society [ 1 Answers ]

From White House fact sheet August 2004:::: # Expanding Homeownership. The President believes that homeownership is the cornerstone of America's vibrant communities and benefits individual families by building stability and long-term financial security. In June 2002, President Bush issued...

Bush's Idealogues [ 98 Answers ]

What does President Bush believe?

Dubya Bush's felonies. [ 8 Answers ]

Dubya has ordered the wire tapping of millions of innocent Americans. This is against the law. To get a wire tapp, law enforcement of any kind must first show a judge their probable cause or reason for said wire tap. Bush, whom bears the ultimate responsibility, and everyone under him involved,...

Iran is in Bush's sights [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: Is Bush going to attack Iran? Should he? I think he is. I'm not sure whether he should or not. I don't want them to have a bomb, but who am I? Their enemy's have 'em. Of course, they want one. If we attack them, they're going to strike us back - and they CAN. Iran is NOT Iraq. ...

View more questions Search