Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwondering65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Rewritable cd
    When using rewritable cd's, does it rewrite the entire cd or are you able to add separate files to the cd? I want to keep track of several different files on the same cd if I can.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Mar 3, 2009, 09:53 PM

With third party software that is often included with CD (and DVD) burners you can treat the CD-RW just like a hard drive. Be aware that this is not a ability that comes from the Windows Operating system (OS) itself. Also be aware that these third party applications aren't standardized; CD-RWs written with one publisher's software might not be readable in another computer running a different publisher's software.

The first time you insert a new CD-RW into the CD burner it may take several dozen minutes for the third party software to format it.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 03:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwondering65 View Post
    does it rewrite the entire cd or are you able to add separate files to the cd?
    Both are options

Read this
    Confusing: should I use packet writing, multisession or Mt Rainier?! - Club CDFreaks - Knowledge is Power

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd rewriter drive asking for dvd rewritable cd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys' just hoping someone can come up with a solution, now when I try to burn a movie on my dvd rewriter drive it now asking me to insert a dvd rewritable cd, which burn perfectly OK, but before now I never had a problem burning dvd movie on a recordable dvd cd, I have had a few recordable that...

How to edit a rewritable CD [ 2 Answers ]

How to edit a rewritable CD

How to use rewritable cd [ 4 Answers ]

I don’t know how to erase the cd's is there a program I have to get? Or reformat something? If reformatting how? I am a novice with this manually capable but I need instructions Please

View more questions Search