Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Mar 10, 2009, 10:53 AM

Speaking of Rush, I do think he's responsible in part for Obama winning the primary. If the Stop Hillary Express hadn't mobilized Republican's like my father in-law to vote for Obama in the primary, you wouldn't have what the right considers the more left of the two candidates.

In fact, it was sweat irony that Obama won the Presidency because I believe like my father in-law did that if they stopped Hillary, the Republican ticket could beat any black man.

So thanks Rush, for creating one of the unintended consequences you talk about so often... lol.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I gotcha Tex, but the point is the real Rush and the one that's been created by his critics are two vastly different things, and his critics tend to be miles more divisive and radical.
    Hello Steve:

I'm a critic of him, and I'll cop to being divisive and radical too... But, I'm not a hypocrite. The Limp one is...

He'd put people in jail for doing exactly what he did, and he makes no bones about it... I don't need to know anything more about an individuals character than that.

Let's take Mark Furman as an example... He appears regularly on FOX as their legal expert. Mark Furman is a liar. HIS lies ARE the reason OJ Simpson got away with murder. He is SOLELY responsible for that... Nobody but HIM!

I have no use for people like him or the Limprod. I wonder why FOX does.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 11:38 AM

speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    There's a couple of others, and I generally don't have much time for them either.
    Savage is a Froot Loop.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 12:47 PM

Looks like the White House (that being Rahmbo-Axelrod and not the president) thinks they've gotten enough mileage out of Operation El Rushbo. Their new villian seems to be Eric Cantor. Alinsky would be proud. Meanwhile the country crumbles.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:54 PM

"President Obama -- in whom I still have great hope and confidence -- has been ill-served by his advisors and staff. Yes, they have all been blindsided and overwhelmed by the crushing demands of the presidency. But I continue to believe in citizen presidents, who must learn by doing, even in a perilous age of terrorism. Though every novice administration makes blunders and bloopers, its modus operandi should not be a conspiratorial reflex cynicism.

"Case in point: The orchestrated attack on radio host Rush Limbaugh, which has made the White House look like an oafish bunch of drunken frat boys. I returned from carnival in Brazil (more on that shortly) to find the Limbaugh affair in full flower. Has the administration gone mad? This entire fracas was set off by the president himself, who lowered his office by targeting a private citizen by name. Limbaugh had every right to counterattack, which he did with gusto. Why have so many Democrats abandoned the hallowed principle of free speech? Limbaugh, like our own liberal culture hero Lenny Bruce, is a professional commentator who can be as rude and crude as he wants."
    Camille Paglia on Obama, Rush and Daniela Mercury | Salon
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Another good point - which will be entirely ignored by the MSM and dismissed (or ignored) by the critics here, is the very people responsible for the attack on Rush wanted Bush to fail. Bill Sammon notes:

On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, just minutes before learning of the terrorist attacks on America, Democratic strategist James Carville was hoping for President Bush to fail, telling a group of Washington reporters: "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed."

Carville was joined by Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg, who seemed encouraged by a survey he had just completed that revealed public misgivings about the newly minted president.

"We rush into these focus groups with these doubts that people have about him, and I'm wanting them to turn against him," Greenberg admitted.

Carville and Greenberg are the ones who came up with the poll and plan to attack Rush, "explicitly endorsed" by Obama senior adviser David Axelrod. Pardon me if I don't buy into their outrage over Rush wanting Obama's policies to fail.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 01:40 PM

Carville and Greenberg speak with sneering arrogance; and their alleged complaint with Limbaugh is, what?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 01:53 PM

It is all simply a ploy, to take the attention off all of Obama's real
    Problems.

He would much rather we all be talking about this instead of the
    Real issues and how much positive effect he has had on the situation
    With our economy and the stock market.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Yep, and all that confidence we've gotten from him not worrying about the "day to day gyrations" of the market and having "more than enough to do without having to worry the financial system" has gotten us where exactly?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 11, 2009, 02:58 PM

Rush "Pub" Limbaugh is to be heard from for pure entertainment purposes only. Just a quick listen to the fat windbag of $h!t and you know he's that's paid to stir havoc among the faithfully bored disciples of the uneducated. He's not the only one as the Dems have their idiot politico mamzer evangelists also. There are throngs of people listening to propaganda crackpot types on the radio (and cable outlets) and they are due for more failure in their own lives. Hell most of them voted for Dubya twice and some of them spend hours everyday on forums such as this one.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
    It is sad that Rush Limbaugh has become such a joke. I remember reading his book "the way things ought to be" which came out in the early 90s and it was filled with intelligent opinions and discussion. Now he is just relying on insults and juvenile put-downs to be heard. He really could have been an asset to the GOP if he had taken the high road but now he is nearly as bad as Ann Coulter.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    Just a quick listen to the fat windbag of $h!t and you know he's that's paid to stir havoc
    Just like Carville, Begala, Axelrod and Emanuel - "Obama's brains."
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:00 PM

Amazing how many libs listen to and repeat the talking points put out by Carvill and the rest of the Clinton smear machine. Guess Nobama learned one thing from Clinton. That was when you are in trouble, spread vicious rumors about conservatives and lie through your teeth about it!
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    ... Guess Nobama learned one thing from Clinton....
    Worse than that; he surrounded himself with Clintonoids!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Just like Carville, Begala, Axelrod and Emanuel - "Obama's brains."
    No. Carville and Begala was "Hillary's brains." They spent most of the Democratic primary campaign trying to bash in Axelrod's (Obama's) brain. Emanuel for all practical purposes was reserved atop Obama's spinal column, called upon in lesser frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Amazing how many libs listen to and repeat the talking points put out by Carvill and the rest of the Clinton smear machine. Guess Nobama learned one thing from Clinton. That was when you are in trouble, spread vicious rumors about conservatives and lie through your teeth about it!

I tune him out and listen to music. However I can only imagine that being invited over for Thanksgiving dinner at the Carville's house is so civilized being that James, a hardened Dem, and his wife is a Pub. But hey! They seem to make it work.

BTW, Limbaugh, for all his media skills, lacks the same communication fortitude to make a relationship work. Apparently Rush is not so pleasant to be around even when he's not broadcasting propaganda.

The Marriages of Rush Limbaugh
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
    THe winning billboard was announced today...

Congratulations to the winner of the t-shirt, and let's celebrate this new era of hope and change.
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    The Marriages of Rush Limbaugh
    Hello Bobby:

Yeah. Conservative family values is what he's all about. In fact, he believes in the sanctity of marriage SOOOO much, he tried it THREE times.

Snicker... Guffaww... Bwa, ha ha ha... LAMAO even more...

excon
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Bobby:

Yeah. Conservative family values is what he's all about. In fact, he believes in the sanctity of marriage SOOOO much, he tried it THREE times.

Snicker... Guffaww... Bwa, ha ha ha.... LAMAO even more....

excon
    What has that got to do with anything?

I remember when the Dems weren't concerned about the shenanagans going on in the oval office, and Bill's extramarital affairs were defended as "normal".
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    What has that got to do with anything? I remember when the Dems weren't concerned about the shenanagans going on in the oval office, and Bill's extramarital affairs were defended as "normal".
    Hello again, gal:

You miss the point. The Dem's don't parade themselves around as the party of what's moral and what's not like Republicans do. It's just kind of hypocritical, doncha think?

Here's the deal, gal. I don't have anything against somebody who gets into trouble using drugs. Then again, I don't get into trouble with drugs, and get on the radio and tell the world that people who get into trouble with drugs should go to prison - except me.

I also don't have anything against anybody who fails at marriage three times. Then again, I don't proclaim marriage to be the bedrock of our society, and it can't be defiled by gays.

Nope. I don't do any of those things. Why?? Because I ain't no hypocrite!

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebuilding The Republican Party [ 25 Answers ]

The Republican party lost so badly because they have betrayed their traditional small-government conservatism. They need to return to the Eisenhower era Republicans who were fiscally responsible, socially moderate and multilateral on foreign policy. The party is now controlled by big-government...

FOX News becoming international laughingstock - servant of the Republican party [ 34 Answers ]

A myth in the unmaking | Guardian daily comment | Guardian Unlimited Did anyone ever think otherwise? Have you ever watched Òutfoxed?

Why rush in. [ 6 Answers ]

Why does it seem like every guy I meet and like they want to rush into a relationship with me? I feel like I have this weird vibe fuming off me that make men want to tell me they love me right away and be with me every second of the day. I just got out of a bad marriage and I am not really looking...

Why can't you rush? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a yr and a half, where not ready to get married now but he wants to wait until he graduates from college, which I know is smart cause his parents won't pay for school if he's married, which is normal. But that's about 4 more years from now, and I want to get...

Rush Need Help Please [ 3 Answers ]

I need to write an introduction letter for a new rep firm. I have put this together so far but it doesn't sound right/professional. I will appreciate any help or ideas. I am no good at writing - I'll help you with something if I can. Security Group Reps are pleased to announce the opening...

View more questions Search