Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tash11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Could I be pregnant when one test is pos and the other negative?
    I was on the depo vera for six months and I came off it about three months ago, since then I have had my regular periods. For the mth of February I had spotting one week later after my period and on one day I was bleeding with cramps. I took two tests, one was positive and the other negative. Could I be pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 04:32 AM

Possibly... you would need to either do another test on your own or see your doctor.

If you read the test correctly, a positive is most often going to be a positive. If you looked at it after the time stated for determining results, it may not be a true positive.
    kellyworrall Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2009, 10:41 AM
    False negatives are surprisingly common, its unusual to get a false positive and it sounds like you're describing implantation bleeding. Id do another test but be prepared for a positive result.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Just propping up the good advice already given. Two accurate posts leave me just to say "yep... what they said"...

A negative test doesn't necessarily mean you aren't... it means "a failure to read preg. hormone levels at or above the test threshold"... which could happen if you aren't pregnant. Or could happen if hormone levels just are concentrated enough.

As mentioned, you must perform the test and read it within the strict guidelines provided. Testing first thing in the morning, when hormone levels are most concentrated, is recommended.

Did you first have a + and then a -... or the opposite?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to test that I am pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have not seen my period since 2.5 months.my mens is always irregular.I took medicines but when I leave it is again like that.I tried also hve to sex with my fiancée.we did not do it.I had his semen on my hand but.now my urination has increased and I have become fat also.can I be pregnant?...

Am I pregnant? When to take another test? [ 3 Answers ]

To all who can help. I am 22, married, in nursing school and not on any form of birth control or taking any other meds except for multi vitamin. Other than the usual day to day homework test and quizzes, general life, I'm not really stressed. I know that it is a common thought of people to say...

Is it possible to get a DNA test done while pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I had separated for a while and when we got back together I found out I was pregnant. I am about 3 weeks pregnant and I was wondering if there was a possibility that I could get a DNA test done while being pregnant?

Pregnant.should I take a test? [ 1 Answers ]

If I just had a baby how would I know if I was pregnant again... I can't really tell and I'm not sure when I should take a pregnant test:confused:

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search