Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtoni78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Dog bite
    Well my dog bit a child that was spending the night, and I am going to court for it. They are charging me with having a viscous dog. I don't even have a criminal record or anything. I think my public defender is trying to screw me. After The dog bit the kid I gave him to someone, I did not know that this wasn't legal. I put an add up and gave him to someone with no kids and lots of land. I can't get in contact with this person because I don't have his number.thanks for reading.:mad:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    yeah if a animal attacks a human it has to be put down. other than that i dont know what to tell yah man other than get a REALLY good lawyer because you could get screwed very hard by this.

p.s. dont let that kid come over any more because his parents are s.

First - please watch your language on the legal threads. This is not a message board or blog and there is also no place for text speak.

Also - please make every attempt to post correct information. I don't know what your legal experience/education are but you are consistently incorrect.

Where do you read that a dog that "attacks a human" HAS to be put down - ? What law in what State? I investigate two or three dog bites/attacks a month, have for years, and I'm not aware of any such Law, nothing right up until there's a vicious dog hearing and the Judge makes that determination.

There is no "getting screwed" here and the ability of the OP's Attorney will make very little difference. It's basically an insurance matter. In "most" States the owner of the dog is 100% liable for a dog bite, 100% responsible for the medical bills. Scarring, pain and suffering, those issues depend on the dog's history, previous bites, knowledge of propensities. Medical bills? Either insurance or the homeowner/renter AND/OR the landlord.

The OP's dog bit someone. The OP is responsible. The child was injured. I dare say if this were YOUR child who had been bitten you wouldn't be criticizing the parents who are making the claim.

And the "I gave the dog away but I don't know where" claim is most definitely NOT going to fly with the insurance company and/or the Court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog bite [ 4 Answers ]

Our dog ran out after another person's dog when walking by our house. The man put his hand in the way and our dog snagged his left index finger, was very minor. Anyway the man went to the hospital and hand 1 stitch and submitted the bill to his insurance. He wrote us a letter and told us that if...

I think my bite is off [ 1 Answers ]

I just resently had an upper and lower partial plate and I think my bite could be off I;m having headaches and not feeling real well How would I know if my bite is off Thanks Anne

If bite is off can it be bad [ 4 Answers ]

I had a crown pop off. The dentists recementated it and now my bite is off. I have already gone back once and he shaved and shaved and shaved. It's better but still not perfect should let it go or can it do damage to my jaw?

Dog bite [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is a black lab she is full grown and she weighs about 70 pounds. She will not jump the fence unless someone calls her over. The fence is 4 feet tall. The cop came and said my dog bit a young child(10-12 years of age) she didn't break the skin or even leave a mark. Yet my dog was on our...

Dog bite [ 1 Answers ]

Our 3 yr old germanshep/cattledog cross just had an argument with a "buddy" during one of our daily outings in the offleash park. It wasn't a vicious fight... just a disagreement.. which lasted about 5 seconds... however our dog ended up with a single tooth wound on his upper foreleg... in the...

View more questions Search