Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjd560a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 05:11 AM
    GMC 1997 Truck
    Engine turns over fine, but won't start. I've already replaced igition coil & distributor cap & rotter. But still having same problem of not starting. Any suggestions anyone?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Test for spark and fuel. If you don't have spark, then have your igniter tested for free at Autozone.
    Duramax Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 08:26 PM
    When you turn the ignition to the "on" position do you hear the fuel pump come on?
    boricua100pct Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd560a
    Engine turns over fine, but won't start. I've already replaced igition coil & distributor cap & rotter. But still having same problem of not starting. Any suggestions anyone?
    I'm having the same problems make sure your crank sencer and the icm on the back of your distributer is good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Chey Cavalier [ 82 Answers ]

Okay, I hope someone can help me with mycar problem. I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier with about 157K miles on it. In Sept 2005 I had a new transmission put in. Well all was fine until about late May. It began this kind of "burping" feeling under the hood. It has had a tune up, new plug...

Names of contemporary music fm 1997-1998 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me to find out the name of the hit songs(singer) between 1997-1998 in Austin, TX US. (Pops/R&B/Rock) I want to get those CDs. I have lived in there for that period, and was listening contemporary music from the radio everyday, but almost forget these names of songs /musicians....

GEO Prizm 1997 - rattling when clutch not depressed. [ 1 Answers ]

GEO Prizm 1997 - rattling when clutch not depressed. In other words, the noise seems to come from below the motor / engine. It is mostly apparent when, while idling, I do not have the clutch depressed. When I press down and hold the clutch in place the noise (from the perspective of listening...

1997 Hyundai will not start (intermittent) [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a replacement engine installed (broke timing belt and trashed valves bad). The car ran good for a day, no smoke when started or driven but now it has an intermittent problem starting. The engine turns over fine but won't start. I had the guys who replaced the engine pick it up and it...

View more questions Search