Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 01:42 PM

As stupid as it sounds, how about painting the cinderblock if it's not already painted with Drylock. Don't forget to etch.

Can you temporarily direct some air from a fan from somewhere else in the room to that unit close to where it draws cumbustion air: I'm thinking of a duct on the floor and a fan some distance away from the spray. Just a thought.

I like speedball1's idea too.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Chimney Condensation: of exhaust gases from boilers can occur when the hot gases cool off on their way up the chimney. Condensation of flue gases can occur within the boiler chambers themselves if the gases leaving the boiler chambers are cooler then 350 degrees. If the stack temperatures are above the 350 degree mark the condensation is limited to the chimney area. Low stack temperatures should be serviced by an approved stainless steel chimney lining that will not corrode or disintegrate from the effect of condensate which can cause the rotting of chimney materials ( brick & mortar) . These relining materials are usually a special stainless steel liner placed in the chimney from top to bottom. Just another random thought.

BTW 130 degrees incoming water temp is just about the lowest to prevent condensation so you will need a good domestic water heater type supply or recirculate some from the boiler to accomplish your goal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Does it with or without chimmney,

Update, we for the heck of it changed sides of the units, the one that was not doing it, did it when put in the corner. You can in fact see ( if you use a face shield and stupid enough to put your face over the exhaust.

The coil is basically pipe curved very tightly many times and the flame comes up from the bottom around the coils to heat the water to near steam.
    Each coil has a pipe that crosses the top of the coils, it is where the water is discharging after running though the coils. So the moisture builds up on that pipe.

As I noted, we recommended to move the unit out of the corner. Not sure if they will.

But on the other hand, we are doing a demo for a new 30,000 PSI washer that could replace the current unit anyway.

Would have been back sooner, but the moderating has taken its time, and I started having my son ( who is 8) full time now, and my time at home is much busier now
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Hopefully when and if they replace the units they will not end up with another problem. Watching a 8 year old can be difficult at times. While it has been a long time ago I remember when I was in that situation. My wife got sick for a 3 month period and I was in charge of all the kids and household plus run the shop. I learned a valuable lesson back then about women and how hard it is to be a stay at home Mom. I will never again say how easy it is for a woman to just stay at home and watch the kids. I would rather work 2 jobs than do that again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure in a oil burner [ 5 Answers ]

Over the last several months we have lost our hot water pressure in all of our showers and sinks. My neighbor said that he changed his coil in his boiler about 4 years ago because of the same problem. I know we have a hard water problem which I just bought a water softener which I am going to...

What state of matter is water vapor? [ 7 Answers ]

What state of matter is water vapor?

Water heater burner [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do if my water heater burner make explosions when the flame start

Hydrogen bonding in water vapor [ 4 Answers ]

Unlike a liquid or solid a gas will always expand to fill its container as best as is possible. However, water is hydrophilic because of its uniquely massive amounts of hydrogen bonds (not so much bonds as powerful associations), does it take this same quality through into its gaseous state? To...

View more questions Search