Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Entry for semiannual interest and purchase of bonds at call price
    Can you combine an entry for paying semiannual interest and purchasing face value bonds?

On March 1, Titus Co issued $800,000 face value second mortgage, 8% bonds for $872,160 including accrued interest, Interest is paid semiannually on Dec 1 and June 1 with the bonds maturing 10 years from this past Dec 1. The bonds are callable at 102.

Entry March 1

Cash $872,160
    Bonds Payable $800,000
    Premium on Bonds Pay $56,160
    Bond Int Expense $16,000

Paid Semiannual interest on Titus Co bonds (straightline amortization of disc or premium)

Entry June 1

Bond Int Expense $32,000
    Cash $32,000

******MY QUESTION*******
    Paid semiannual interest on Titus Co bonds and purchased $400,000 face value bonds at call price

Entry Dec 1

Bond Interest Expense $32,000
    Treasury Stock $408,000
    Cash $440,000

Mar 3, 2009, 04:58 PM

My question is is the last entry correct?

Mar 3, 2009, 06:54 PM

I am aware the entry is wrong, Treasury Stock is not involved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry to record the purchase of a bond with purchased interest [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to know the journal entry required when purchasing a bond with accrued interest and the bond is purchased at a discount

Journal entry on vehicle purchase with interest rate [ 1 Answers ]

How would I write a journal entry and adjusting entry for the purchase of a vehice with the following given information? Purchase a truck for $15,000 on a 8% note truck has useful life of 7 years with no salvage value monthy payment of $400, includes principal and interest

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 3 Answers ]

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds...

Selling Price of Bonds.For the record, I HATE BONDS [ 3 Answers ]

General Toys, Inc. sold five year bonds having a face value of $100,000 and a coupon rate of 7% when the market rate was 9%. The present value of $1 at 9% for five periods is $0.6499. The present value of a $1 annuity for 5 periods at 9% is $3.8897. At what price did these bonds sell? I came up...

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

View more questions Search