Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonmark_101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
    Computer problems
    I've been trying to get my computer back up for about a week. About a week and a half ago my computer was getting slow so I reformated, which I've done before whenever it gets bad. After I reformated, my computer would flash a black screen whenever I exited a program that would take over the screen (like a game) and I wouldn't be able to shut down the computer the normal way. After a day it wouldn't turn on at all. I ordered a new powersuply thinking that was the problem. While I was wating, I took my computer apart, and cleaned it out. I put everything back together and decided to see if that helped. It started, but there wasn't any display going to the moniter. I tried two different graphics cards with two different moniters in two different slots, but nothing. Any suggestions to what it might be?
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 24, 2006, 07:53 AM
    How did you clean out the machine?

Aug 24, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Compressed air.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 24, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Try starting the computer with the absolute minimum connected, remove all hard disk and floppy disk cables from the motherboard, any unneeded add cards and the minimum amount of ram possible. You should just have the motherboard, CPU and Ram (and power supply) connected - even remove any usb connectors from the motherboard.

If it still won't boot with just these connected then you could try swapping the components out if you have access to any similar parts.

Sep 1, 2006, 10:06 PM
    It has to be the motherbord/cpu. Thanks for the help. I was planning on updating it anyway, but I didn't have the money for it yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win XP PRO problems with a new computer [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have a Celeron 2.4 GHz and I have XP PRO SP2 installed on it. I went to a shop and bought myself an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core) with an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard and 1GB of RAM. I got it home, assembled it, connected my "old" hard disk which I used on my Celeron, and...

Help, problems for 4600 dimension model dell computer [ 1 Answers ]

My computer just black out for like 7 days already First I start the computer, it runs the opening then it becomes black screen and shows " _ " I tried to reboot the computer and press f12 to boot In the number 5 click cd rom then run the CD(operation cd / recovery cd that dell has) ...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly Built Computer Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Me and My Friend are building a computer for my girlfriend and when we put all the pieces together and started it up everything worked(Fans, HD Booted, Floppy, CD DVD Roms,LEDS) The only thing that won't seem to work is the monitor. We first Tried plugging it into the video card that we put in then...

Computer is slow and other problems... [ 2 Answers ]

Well ever since a couple days ago my PC has been running slow, like something is stressing it out. Like, when I go on AOL Instant Messenger before the program starts up its memory usage (from task manager) is 5,000 then when it connects and it fully started up its memory usage is like 29,000! And...

View more questions Search