Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 09:22 AM
    It cracks me up how smart dogs are.
    So our dog was spayed on Thursday. They didn't give us one of those elizabethan collars right away. If she started licking at her stitches to I took her back to the vet yesterday morning to get her fitted for one. She only wore it while we were at work yesterday and while we were sleeping. I took if off this morning so she could lay with me a little while before I got ready for work. I fell asleep and before I left for work I was going to put it back on her. Well, I couldn't find it. I started looking everywhere. I finally found it under the bed. The little brat hid it. Lol. Figures, she hates it.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    elizabethan collars
    HAHAHAHA!! :p
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 10:00 AM

Our bunny Cotton had to wear an Elizabethan collar after he was neutered, they don't usually use stiches on rabbits, staples are safer and bunnies will do anything to get them out, including gnawing themselves to death.

The little bugger got out of the collar with ease. I took him back, they put on a yolk, nope that didn't work either. I finally threaded the collar through a bunny harness and that finally did the trick.

The funniest part was watching him eat. He'd scoop the food into his collar and then sit back and nibble away.

Never had to get the Elizabethan collar for my dogs, but we'll see when our beagle pup gets neutered, I have a feeling he'll need one, he chews everything! :(
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 10:06 AM
    [QUOTE=The funniest part was watching him eat. He'd scoop the food into his collar and then sit back and nibble away. [/QUOTE]

Alten, you're killing me! I've got tears in my eyes, lmao!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Our bunny Cotton had to wear an Elizabethan collar after he was neutered, they don't usually use stiches on rabbits, staples are safer and bunnies will do anything to get them out, including gnawing themselves to death.

The little bugger got out of the collar with ease. I took him back, they put on a yolk, nope that didn't work either. I finally threaded the collar through a bunny harness and that finally did the trick.

The funniest part was watching him eat. He'd scoop the food into his collar and then sit back and nibble away.

Never had to get the Elizabethan collar for my dogs, but we'll see when our beagle pup gets neutered, I have a feeling he'll need one, he chews everything! :(
    I'm imagining the bunny eating that way. Hilarious!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2009, 10:11 AM

Nikosmom, I wish I had video of that time, it was hilarious! Poor little guy looked so pathetic with that cone on, he weighs under 2 pounds soaking wet, they gave him the smallest cone they had and it was still to big for him, I had to cut it down. He really was pathetic but determined. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So, You Think That You Are Really Smart? [ 46 Answers ]

Then, please try saying these two sentences really fast a few times. One smart fellow he felt smart. Two smart fellows they both felt smart. :)

Smart card ain't being smart and letting watch me TV [ 1 Answers ]

Satellite TV. I'm trying to watch TV on FMLY channel(which is the only good channel on my tv) but it says the smart card is not authorized to do yada, yada or whatever. It also says to wait, but how long am I going to wait? And, why isn't it working?

Smart kid. [ 2 Answers ]

Thought I would share... The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term: "Is Hell exothermic [gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof." Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's...

Smart Old Man [ 6 Answers ]

An elderly man in North Carolina had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built. One evening the old farmer...

View more questions Search