Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robnm1360 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 02:24 PM
    1982 dodge truck alternator not fully charging
    I have been working on my 1982 dodge d 150 truck with a 318 and my alternator is not completely charging my battery. It will run for a little bit but when I turn on the lights it dies with in 5 minutes. I replaced the alternator then took it back and had it checked, it was good. I noticed tha the belts didn't seem to get as tight as I thought they should but I put a screw driver on the back and it sucked it in so it is charging on the truck. So what else could it be?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 02:27 PM

Have them test the alternator while it's still in the truck. Also have them load-test the battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1982 dodge truck alternator problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 82 dodge d 150 with a 318 my truck was dying and was not charging so I changed the alternator and it worked until I turned on the headlights then it died I noticed that the belt was loose so I tried to tighten it and then it ran fine all day then that night I turned on the lights and it...

1979 dodge truck charging too much [ 4 Answers ]

The voltage output on my truck is 18 volts. I had the alternator checked and replaced the regulator. Still 18 volts. Any ideas

Chevy pickup alternator charging problems [ 2 Answers ]

My chevy pick up battery went dead I replace for a brand new but the battery was not charging by the alternator so I pulled the alternator and I went to the shop to see if is was working and it was working good. The problem was that the alternator was not charging so What I did that night I put A...

View more questions Search