Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PEETEE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Summer working in the US - taxed in the UK?
    Hi there!

Can you tell me if I will be taxed on any earnings received this summer as a camp counsellor in US please? I am travelling on a J1 Visa and the job will last for nine weeks. I am a UK tax payer so must I declare what I earn there and will I be taxed on it?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 07:18 PM

Yes, you will report this income on your tax return.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 02:59 PM
    PeeTee:

If you have not filed yet, contact me at [email protected]. I will show you a way to probably pay NO taxes at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file my taxes with part non taxed and part taxed per diem [ 1 Answers ]

My job extended past the 12 month period. My per diem was non taxable for 4 months of 2008 and taxable for the remaining 8 months. I am still on this project with perdiem being taxed and should complete assignment end of April 2009. How do I file my taxes. I usually use the government allowed rate...

Nonresident Working in GA for Summer. Do I pay taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a student at the Univ. of Tennessee working as a seasonal ranger this summer in Georgia State Parks. My permanent address is in East TN... will I be liable for any income taxes to the state of Georgia?

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

L1 taxed [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have L1 visa but I keep shuttling between US and India every 5 months. Do I need to file US tax return though I get an allowance of 3000/month? Thanks. Kartik

View more questions Search