Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggle_monster Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Is it wrong to be dating one guy and like him and another guy?
    I am dating this guy and he is really sweet and likes me for me. Well before me and him were dating I liked this other guy but he had a girl friend. So I asked him if we could be friends well he said yea. So we are friends. Well then me and my the guy I am dating now started dating after that and now the guy that I did like but had a girlfriend well I still like him because every time I see him or even neer him he say's perferted stuff like while your down there and sits near me in math, he has nvr set by me in math class and so I have no idea why he sat by me. If my boyfriend found out I wouldn't have a boyfriend and I don't know how to stop liking this other guy? I have a ton of fun when me and my boyfriend hang out. Both of the guy's are nice and great looking. I need help.some one help me.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 03:28 PM

Maybe you shouldn't be exclusively dating your boyfriend. Part of the reason for dating is getting to know different people and finding out what traits you like and don't like. If you date exclusively, when you really like someone else as well, you won't have that opportunity to know them better.

You could continue to date just your boyfriend and try to keep your interest in the other guy as just a friend, you could let your boyfriend know you really like hanging out with him and want to continue seeing him, but just not exclusively. Of course if you go that route you will have to be prepared that he will date others as well. Your boyfriend will then be free choose whether he wants to continue dating you or possibly move on, or you could focus all of your attention right now on your boyfriend and try to forget about the other guy for now. Maybe in time, you will be in a position to see if anything would develop with him.

You'll have to decide which decision you are most comfortable with.
    sunnylove87 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 05:08 PM

Uh, so what I got out of this, the guy you like is perverted? He probably is like that to every girl. And if he didn't sit by you in math, then he doesn't want to show he is like that with you. Guys can be jerks. Ugh. But I wasn't trying to be hard, but I am speaking from experience...
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 05:42 PM

Ahhhh, good catch sunnylove87. I didn't catch the perverted part first time I read it. Maybe he thinks he is being funny, maybe it's way of showing he is interested, maybe he really is a jerk, who knows.

Giggle_monster, you'll have to really think about whether this is the sort of guy you would want to be with. Watch how he treats other people, as well as you. Be careful you aren't just attracked to his bad boy image and risk losing your boyfriend over it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 07:14 PM

When I started back dating, I was dating several people, that is what dating is, finding out about people to know if you want a more seroius date relationship
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 07:56 AM

I'm in the exact situation, but I'm one of the guys... as one of the two guys... I would wish that the girl would choose me of course... but I also want her to be happy...

That being said... you should probably make up your mind and decide who you like more and be friends with the other. If the guy that you only want to stay friends with, cares about you as a friend or more, I'm sure that he will be happy that you're happy.

Mar 20, 2009, 11:14 AM

Yea thanxs I really appreciatit.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 01:00 PM

Regardless to the fact that your with someone your going always find yourself attractive to someone else that might turn into you liking them. However if you have a boyfriend than you've to learn to control these feelings and respect your relationship. Now if your just dating, meaning your not committed to nobody, than your free to date how many guys you want.

Also, you have to watch who you interact with and what interactions you have with that person because there is a such thing as crossing the lines.

If you don't want to be with your boyfriend leave before you hurt him but don't do something your going regret later.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 20, 2009, 01:15 PM

It is normal to desire what you can't have. Focus on liking the man who likes you. Life will be much easier this way.

Mar 22, 2009, 11:02 AM

Well I asked the other guy if me and my boyfriend wasn't datin if he would date me and he said he didn't know but then he said maybe. I have feelings for both of them
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 11:21 AM

If you decide that you want to see about dating the other guy, let your boyfriend know you no longer want to date just him exclusively. Do not go out with the other guy behind your boyfriend's back. Be up front and honest with both of them.

Mar 23, 2009, 05:36 AM

I know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

What's wrong with dating at 12? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I explain this... I'm 12. Which, to some people, is tiny. Well, it's not. I have a "official" boyfriend. Who's truly fantastic. I love him. Simple. But why don't my parents just understand that I'm growing up? What they try to do is get my to talk about it. All they know is that there's...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Is dating a girl wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have always been the crazy type to try everything at least once I have been with girls before but nothing serious. I currently have two kids and have been in bad relationships nothing abusive but just not happy ones. Lately I have really been thinking about this girl I know or just...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search