Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Mar 2, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Overtime hours - unequal compensation time
    I am an exempt, salaried employee. My company is now requiring us to work a full day Saturday or Sunday in the office with only a 1/2 day given in comp time in exchange. Is this legal?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 3, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Salaried exempt employees are exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). They may be asked to work any number of hours by their employer. The reason is because they are not paid per hours worked, they are paid a salary to do the job. The employer may ask the employee to work any number of hours needed to complete the job.

Some states have a one day in 7 law which forces the employer to allow them one day off in 7 days. Not many states, but a few do.

If you let me know which state you are in I can let you know if your state has such a law.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary worker docked for missed time, but not paid overtime [ 5 Answers ]

We just had a corporate company take over the dental office I work for. I was given the position of manager with a salary. They gave me an hourly wage increase to adjust for the overtime and bonus we were losing. I have over 30 hours of overtime not paid in the past 4 weeks. When I took 2 days...

Working hours vs lunch hours [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am presently working. I love my job so it's not an issue to me if everyday, I come in to work earlier than I should be and going home later than I should, eversince I was employed in this company. Today, our HR had sent me an email with our CEO copied on reminding me that my lunch hour is...

Force on an unequal see saw [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to work out the what the force would be on the longest end of an unequal see saw compared to the shorter sides force when one side of the see saw is 2 metres from the pivot point and the other side is 1 metre form the pivot point. There is a person on either end of the see...

Overtime [ 3 Answers ]

The company I used to work for was on a bi-monthly payroll, which was the 1st -15th, and 16th - end of the month. My question is, I was paid for a consistent 106-108 hours every pay period (4hrs SU, 8hrs M-TH, 2 1/2 F, 7hrs Sat, *A couple times an extra 30min-1 1/2hr were put in a week) Many...

Mixer tap and unequal pressure problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have removed a washbasin with separate hot and cold water taps from an ensuite bathroom in my mother-in-law's bungalow and fitted a new basin with a mixer tap. When I connected everything up and tried the tap I got hot water but no cold. However, the cold water supply pipe got warm...

View more questions Search