Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TSA0282 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 10:51 AM
    I installed a new thermostat and the fan will not stop running
    The wires are connected correctly and the fan will not stop running. I put the old thermostat back on the wall and the fan would not stop running and I bought a third thermostat and the fan will not stop running. Cool air is also coming for the vents. What is wrong?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Its hard to say,not knowing what kind of equipment you own,I can`t seem to find the name brand or the model numbers of the furnace or the thermostat. Maybe you could type it in again maybe in bigger letters for me and others to see better
    Are you for sure the tstat is set on auto and not fan,this can and has happened to many and can be overlooked,, let us know something
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 01:19 PM

If your furnace is a gas furnace it is possible that you have a problem with a transformer, if the transformer is bad the furnace fan will run all of the time.

Try this, unplug your furnace for about ten seconds, if it is gas, and then plug it back in. Watch and listen to what the furnace does and then post back with the information.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Man, we seem to get this scenario a lot... :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400C fill valve installed but toilet is running [ 13 Answers ]

Hello. I recently installed a Fluidmaster 400C valve into my toilet. The toilet will periodically run or sound as if it is filling with water. I have tried adjusting the fill valve and the float cup but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone provide me with any insight as to how to stop...

The thermostat is off and the blower won't stop running [ 2 Answers ]

The thermostat is off and the blower won't stop running. I put in a new thermostat but that didn't stop it . I also unpluged the limit switch ans its still blowing. Is there anyone that can help me please?

Installed new honeywell rth 7500 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I recently installed a honeywell rth7500 thermostat and am not sure if it is correct. The old thermostat is a GE, not sure how old. I have a heatpump system (Goodman A61-20) I wired it as follows: Old R(red)- new R Old O(orange) - new O/B Old G(green) - new G Old Y(yellow) - new Y Old...

Installed RTH111/221 to Boiler, Heat/Gas Won't Stop [ 11 Answers ]

I have replaced an older dial thermostat (one with a small vial of mercury in it) with a Honeywell RTH111/221 programmable thermostat. The heat system the old dial controlled is a boiler that feeds hot water baseboard heaters. Since I replaced the dial with the new thermostat, the heat will not...

New Thermostat installed, Fan works, No blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new thermostat (Ritetemp 8050c) onto a electric furnace and A/C unit. Connected the following wires to the corresponding terminals as the instructions showed (W1, R, Y, G, B) When I attempted to run the A/C I could hear things starting up but no air was produced. After a...

View more questions Search