Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Need SERIOUS Help with gift idea!
    I am 22 years old and have been bestest friends with Tess since we were 4 years old, yep that's 18 years - a really old time. She is very dear to me and the truest friend I've ever had but that also means we've given each other every possible B-day and Christmas gift under the sun. Seriously, I am totally out of ideas and her birthday is Saturday. PLEASE help me with some ideas!:( :confused: :eek:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2006, 09:40 AM
    You need to tell us more about what her likes and interests are. Also what your price range is. Without that it really impossible to come up with any decent gift ideas.

Some more generic things might be a gift certificate for a day spa, take her to a show or a fancy restaurant.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Take her to dinner somewhere nice and give her a thoughtfully written letter/note from the heart in a card telling her how much you appreciate her.

I think something simple like that can be far more meaningful than something store bought.

... just a thought.
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Get her unforgettable memories for her birthday. A hot air balloon ride sounds nice or you could just make her a photo collage or photo book with all of the treasured moments from pictures you've taken together. Priceless.
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Aug 24, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Excluding dinner I'm willing to go up to like $100 on an actual gift. She is really energetic and social. She has a great sense of humor but hates sarcasm. She loves virtually every type of music. She's not really very adventurous but she LOVES a good meal, oh, and she loves purple. I know this info is really random, but when you know someone inside-out it's hard to pinpoint the little things that make them fantastic.

I love everyone's ideas and think I'll combine then all into one big gift. I think you guys just solved my problem, know all I need to do it act fast, only one shopping day left.

THANKS! :D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Ok, energetic and social for $100. How about a Zire 22:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/z22/

She can keep her contacts, social calendar, etc all organized.
    mysticque Posts: 95, Reputation: -7
    -

Sep 14, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Maybe facial? Massage? Or hairdone? Manicure or pedicure? Better yet new boots on the line. Or a nice purple purse or wrap? Whose her favorite artist? Maybe get her a cd album or dvd. What else have you not given her? Well this is too late but try considering these menu in the future

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need Unique Gift Idea for Wife [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I am currently deployed over in Iraq and I am trying to find a unique gift on line to send to my wife to put a smile on her face and let her know that I think about her 24/7. Thank you.:confused:

Gift certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I revived a gift certificate from my job for $300.00 when I went to use it to pay for the hotels the travel agent took his commission out of my certificate can he do that?

Gift taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, THanks for you great advices and suggestions. I have a question? If your friend gives you some money as gift like around $15,000 Do we need to pay taxes on it? If yes how much tax do we need to pay

Gift for the nun who has everything... [ 8 Answers ]

I wasn't sure whether to put this topic in etiquette or religion, but I thought in religion people might know more about nuns, so... One of the Sisters who taught at my boarding school had cancer and beat it! I was just invited to a party to celebrate. I was not asked to bring a gift, but this...

View more questions Search