Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ford boy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Ford Power stroke Losing Power
    I have a 95 Power stroke 4x4 5 speed. When the truck is idling it runs pretty good, but when you drive it after so long, or come up to a corner it acts like it is missing and loses power so it barley wants to pull itself. Do you have any idea why,any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 01:40 PM

Have a scan done to see if there are any codes stored in the computer. Sometimes codes will be saved without the check engine/service engine light staying on.
    Geo52904 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 09:40 AM
    This sounds like a EGR Valve problem. Remove the EGR valve and check that it not blocked / clogged with carbon. If it is give it a good clean, and check that the piston moves freely. Replace o-rings and base seal if required, u can get these from a Hydraulic store, ensure you get the correct type, normal o-rings will burn. Once clean reinstall and test drive. It may also pay to give the intake manifold a good clean, using a wire brush type tool that you can get down inside manifold. Plug EGR in, fit EGR valve but do not bolt down have someone start engine, will take some time, once running remove EGR valve anf run engine at high RPM for 2-3 minutes to blow carbon out. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

Ford F-250 7.3 Power stroke glow plugs [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: How do I change the glow plugs in my 1999 Ford F-250, 7.3 Power Stoke?

7.3 ford power stroke [ 3 Answers ]

1997 7.3 ford power stroke dies out while driving and will re-start in neutral quickly... with key. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Ford Power Stroke Diesel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Ford F-250 4X4 with the 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel. It has about 170,000 miles on it and is in great shape. However, a couple days ago I was driving it and suddenly there was no response to the accelerator even though it was still running. It only lasted less than a minute and then...

View more questions Search