Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ribrahim Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 11:28 PM
    Don't know how to write job status to client
    I'm in an adverstising agency and right now our cleint is going to let us go due to political issues.. so how do I inform to cleint formally on our job status... I do not know how to start my letter.

The purpose of the letter is to inform cleint todate what are the items that yet to be bill and approve by them:(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 11:31 PM

Hi, ribrahim!

So, are you saying that the client still owes you money for work that you've done?

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2009, 11:42 PM

Yes
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 11:57 PM

Here's one way to begin the letter. At least it should give you an idea as to a possible way for how it could be done.

Dear (Name):

Please accept this correspondence as an effort to collect payment on work performed by us for you.

We enjoyed our business relationship with you and would like to continue in the future, if it is possible. It was through an unfortunate set of circumstances that we have had to cease service to you, but the fact remains that we are still due payment for services that we performed.

Please find attached, an invoice for services that have been rendered.

We would appreciate it if you would remit the balance at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

(Name)

Mar 2, 2009, 12:00 AM

OK.. thanks :(
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ribrahim View Post
    ok..thanks :(
    Okay. So, why the frowning face, ribrahim? Is that not the kind of example for which you were looking?

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2009, 12:10 AM

Hmmm... the cleint is govt based client so the letter sounded a little bit harsh.. so I need to write a gentler kind letter to them... not to be obvious demanding about it..
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:17 AM

Well, what I gave to you was a format that you can tailor and tweak to suit you're needs. It was nothing set in stone...

How about you start your letter here, without putting in any contact information, and then you and I, and anyone else who is interested can give you advice as to how you might make improvements to it so that it is just right?

Also, other than collecting money that is due to you, what other goal do you have by writing the letter, please? It would be helpful to know that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I write the Quotation letter for sending it to client. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My company is in construction. So, I want a samples of quotation letters which are related to civil companies. Thanks For helping us. Best Regards, Megha

How to write an letter to fix up an appointment with the client. [ 2 Answers ]

We are a start up consultancy and I am the Business Development Executive there. So I have to sent a self introduction letter as well as to fix up an appointment with that concern Hr person. Can anyone help me out to prepare an effective letter. Lidya.:confused:

What do I write in a sympathy card to neighbours I don't know [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Our neighbours across the road from us just recently lost their 19 year old son in a car accident and although we don't know them, it has really affected my husband and I in a big way and we would like to send them a sympathy card but are unsure of what to write. The only thing I can think of...

I don't have the manual, how do I take off write-protection? [ 6 Answers ]

I bought an Mp3 player and I stick it in my USB port and when I try to add or delete songs but it says that the disk is write-protected. How do I remove that write-protection so I can add and delete songs on my Mp3 player?

View more questions Search